You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
When people don't invite you to watch sci-fi movies/TV shows with them because you're always saying "That's a bunch of crap. Don't these people do any research before they make this stuff? That could never happen because...well, here, I have my laptop, let me show you..."

Yes sometimes I tell garyw to shut up when watching scifi - and his lectures on planes are quite impressive too.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When you don't have a Facebook account because you fear it would detract from your Orbiter-playing/O-F time.

When you do have a Facebook account, you do use it, but only to view the Orbiter-Forum fan page.

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Reminds me of this:

outside_mmorpg.jpg

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
When you don't have a Facebook account because you fear it would detract from your Orbiter-playing/O-F time.

When you do have a Facebook account, you do use it, but only to view the Orbiter-Forum fan page.

When you wonder what's this "facebook" thing, I can't find it on Orbithangar...

When you wish for...

...an MFD that will monitor your Farmville farm for signs of neglect. :p

...a plugin that will post telemetry from Orbiter to your FB wall.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I want that!!!

BTW, there's already Doodle Jump for Facebook, why don't make an Orbiter-App for Facebook? :lol:

Because it wouldn't be that popular.

....when you see a semi that goes for a company called 'STS' (Special Transportation Services) and wonder, "what would happen if I stuck a couple of SRBS to that thing."

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You guys are totally crossing the nerdstreams . . . ;)

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
I want that!!!

BTW, there's already Doodle Jump for Facebook, why don't make an Orbiter-App for Facebook? :lol:

I want that too, my facebook-info already shows some orbiter-scenario-data at "info"

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

I everything wents well I'll tomorrow program an addictometer-test were you aswer a few questions in a dialog-window and tha get your addiction-score, just for fun :lol::rofl::lol:

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Well, google earth looks like crap because it's a compilation of satellite images, each with different brightness, colors, etc. So not really suited for Orbiter.

Columbia42

Reaction score
I want that too, my facebook-info already shows some orbiter-scenario-data at "info"

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

I everything wents well I'll tomorrow program an addictometer-test were you aswer a few questions in a dialog-window and tha get your addiction-score, just for fun :lol::rofl::lol:

Uh oh, I'm sensing another poll coming...

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
When most of your knowledge of orbital mechanics, rotational dynamics etc has come from playing orbiter

So guilty! Before orbiter, I thought your weightless if you just get high enough up. And then you would just stay in space because you're in a vacuum.

Yep, I was very stupid before 2002.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
So guilty! Before orbiter, I thought your weightless if you just get high enough up. And then you would just stay in space because you're in a vacuum.

Yep, I was very stupid before 2002.

before oriter I already knew a bit about Orbital-mechanics, but for some reason after all the documentarys about marsflights in future still i though te best way o f flying to mars would be to have a shzuttle a in orbit and and burn in the direction, where you see mars on sky...

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

I thought your weightless if you just get high enough up.
that's true - in n "altitude" of 1000000000km you ARE weightless...
:lol::rofl::lol: