XR5 Vanguard 1.0c Released

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Doug,

She's my absolute favourite ship you know. But I also think she smokes too much. I honestly think the Indonesian EPA circa 2080 wouldn't let you take off from Sumatra with all the chokey CO she throws out. Could you code a lighter particle smoke trail in the next release? Think of the children!

Your fan
B

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
No worries, the Vanguard only emits water vapor plus some other trace elements, so no CO emissions to worry about. :)

Seriously though, if the particles are causing a framerate hit on your system you can disable exhaust particles via the Orbiter launchpad. There is a lot of exhaust because the Vanguard's six enignes are huge.

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, framerate is fine. It's just that my kids think I'm a monster for pouring smoke all over SE Asia. I'll tell them it's just steam... then I'll get hit for greenhouse emissions.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
No, framerate is fine. It's just that my kids think I'm a monster for pouring smoke all over SE Asia. I'll tell them it's just steam... then I'll get hit for greenhouse emissions.

Tell them your saving the planet by play it on a PC rather than the real thing;)

mrspacely

Reaction score
thanks! ill try moving them to a different folder... this doesnt mean i dont like her voice! thats one hot sounding computer :p

mrspacely

Reaction score
i have another question.. when trying to enter the crew elevator with an MMU my orbiter program freezes! So basically I cant get in to start systems because there is no one on board! Im on the moon using Dan Stephs Prelude II base, with the Vangaurd on the landing pad.. Everything worked fine until wanted to come back into the ship.. Any ideas whats wrong?

Edit: It seems there is no compatibility between Prelude II base and the Vangaurd at all without editing the text file..

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
i have another question.. when trying to enter the crew elevator with an MMU my orbiter program freezes! So basically I cant get in to start systems because there is no one on board! Im on the moon using Dan Stephs Prelude II base, with the Vangaurd on the landing pad.. Everything worked fine until wanted to come back into the ship.. Any ideas whats wrong?

Edit: It seems there is no compatibility between Prelude II base and the Vangaurd at all without editing the text file..

Some Orbiter add-ons are buggy and do not behave correctly when an Orbiter vessel is deleted. When an astronaut re-enters the ship, the vessel that was the UMMu astronaut is deleted. Some add-ons don't like this and can CTD or hang. I recommend a standard troubleshooting approach:

1. Install a clean Orbiter instance to a new directory.
2. Install OrbiterSound 3.5 and UMMu.
3. Install the Vanguard.
4. Test EVA via the crew elevator.
5. If that works (which it should!), then install Prelude II base.
6. Re-test EVA via the crew elevator.
7. If that fails, it's a bug with Prelude base.
8. Otherwise if it works, keep installing your add-ons one-at-a-time and re-testing after each one to see which one causes the hang.

Remember that any add-on can crash or hang Orbiter at any time. I have seen several reports of system hangs when ingressing EVA astronauts, and every single time it has been caused by a buggy third-party add-on. By using a standard troubleshooting apporach as outlined above, however, you can pin down the problem add-on.

mrspacely

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! ill try that tonight to see if it is prelude. everything with the Vangaurd is awesome and works great! i heard the food in the prelude base sucks too...lol

J_Aerospace

Reaction score
Will it be possible to load space station parts via the scenario editor plus other vessels like the dragonfly

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
or at least a French Swiss

Francophonic swiss eat quite different from french people... mostly because food in switzerland is so much more expensive. They drink the same wine, though... :cheers: