Flight Question XR2 stuck on venus

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Judging by the fact Artlav released whole universe on the floppy disk, it it will be no more than 16kb including mesh & textures.

But seriously a baloon for allowing venus launches is neat idea.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I know I mentioned something like this before, but if a craft could fly low enough into the atmosphere, it could deploy a really long tether with a skyhook, and snatch the Ravenstar off the surface (if the Ravenstar had a ring for it to catch).

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well... I think there's one thing left to do: the Arrow can drop UCGO crates full of Jack Daniels and Pin-Up Magazines for those 6 days left:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5119"]UCGO Cargo Funny's Stuff Pack[/ame]

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
is it possible to simulate a crude propeller in orbiter? I know I've used some jets that have realistic altitude limits on their thrust. Some one was talking about a winged titan lander on the deep star thread, it would be cool to see a propeller based lander for places like venus and titan. Maybe a passive maple seed type alternative to parachutes, or a dual mode prop that can be passive or used to gain altitude for rockets

Just for kicks I did write up out some code for calculating the lift coeficient of a helecopter rotor system in orbiter but I haveb't done anythin with it yet.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Would you care to post the current-state scenario file?

HazMatt

Reaction score
LOL... looks like the first Orbiter themed birthday card!

Almost ready. Just performing some test flights: :lol:
Just in case the JELAIR doesn't work.

Untitled-2-1.jpg