Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Doug pointed me in the direction of this board since the orbiter M6 board seems to be boned at the moment.

If you haven't seen it, its essentially a larger, faster XR1.:)

Circumstances mean i have setup a donation link

I realise there are a lot good causes to donate to like orbiter itself or this forum, if you enjoy the XR2, want to support development and encourage further development of other freeware projects please consider making a donation... I have setup a paypal account specifically for this:

no donation too small:cheers: I know things are a struggle for a lot of people including myself. Although the Addon itself is a team effort between Dbeachy and myself, Doug has kindly and generously offered to allow me to keep all donations for this specific project which for me has been nearly 4 years on and off (beginning late 2007), of modelling, painting and experimenting.

And I know there is the Ravenstore, but that is largely for fun, zazzle makes the large majority of the money off sales, and even the Orbiter forum store - for which I produced a number of designs (and thats a donation of mine to the forum a gift for Tex really to help him run the place to which i owe so much, i recieve nothing from those sales)

If you love the XR2 and would like to support it and future projects please consider sending a donation, again no amount too small and any are gratefully received.

Please support XR2 development, bag a cool item and be the envy of all your friends at the same time, visit the RAVENSTORE

http://www.zazzle.com/ravenstore

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Good job starting the thread! I have a feeling we'll be here awhile since M6 seems to be in a death spiral...

BTW about half the picture links seem to work for me at the moment. Did they all work previously?

Tex/Computerex: can you please add Coolhand to the 'Addon Developer' group? He's developing the XR2 mesh. Thanks.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
they should all work apart from the last 2, in my haste to post and because i'd just manually edited over 70 links, i added 2 extra links by mistake!

71 was the last pic uploaded.:)

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Ah, OK. I just went though and tested links 1-71; the following links are 404 for me:
7, 38-41, 43, 44, 46-50, 53-60, 66, 67. In other words, about half are dead for me. :)

Here are some pics with the default skin:

glider_wip_49.jpg

glider_wip_50.jpg

Here is a pic of the VC:

glider_wip_69.jpg

Note: version 1.0 will have a static (view-only) VC so that we can release the ship much sooner. Version 2 will have an active VC.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Your meshes make me cry CoolHand! Honestly, I haven't seen meshes like this since the last AMSO update from "Luis". My god you are good at texturing!

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
ok i've scrubbed the ones that seem to be down. cheers doug:)

And thankyou computerex, i'm pretty happy with it, but to be honest those textures are a bit rushed, if i have the time i might go back and improve them before the first release.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You'll have time, Coolhand -- it will take me a while to code the ship. :)

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And thankyou computerex, i'm pretty happy with it, but to be honest those textures are a bit rushed, if i have the time i might go back and improve them before the first release.

Are you kidding! The best designer working along with the best coder! This would be one heck of a release.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
such comments will go to our heads...;P thanks for the status upgrade and I have stars. Neat.:) Also. I haven't thanked Doug in this forum for offering to put the ship in the sim but i'm immensely grateful he took it on, and agreed to the virtual pit, which is something i'm quite excited about!

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Coolhand, this thing is looking beautiful! I can't wait for this release.

To both Cooldhand and Doug, keep up the good work!

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
yep, the renders are using bump mapping, though i don't think we'll be able to implement that in the sim until the new graphics modules are completed, whenever that will be, probably not before this is released. Textures are 2k for both top and bottom.

tblaxland, thanks! i can't wait to fly it either:)

Pyro

Reaction score
De you have an approximative release date???? (One month two month three ....)??????????

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I really wouldn't like to say, Doug hasn't even had an opportunity to start the coding yet, and i'm trying to make it as unique as possible without giving doug an embolism or something. Here are some pics of the VC. Pretty much entirely touchscreens, the 2d pit should also be re-drawn in a similar style.

Attachments

• glider_wip_75.jpg
    glider_wip_75.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 568
  • glider_wip_76.jpg
    glider_wip_76.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 612

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow, that cockpit looks cool. It reminds me of when it became fashionable to put cool electronic displays in cars and aircraft back in the 80s. The coolness factor was very high.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
:censored: incredible. Can you change the color at will!?

That is the most incredibly awesome looking VC I've ever seen! I can't wait for the release.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I'm pleased you guys like it, I would like to be able to offer many colourschemes - perhaps blue, green, orange and neutral and even add a control to change them on the fly. it's easy to change the colour at the moment, all i have to do is move a few sliders but once i've finished the layout (the mid panel is the only one thats nearly finshed atm) i'll be customising the switches and so on. That makes changing the colours far more difficult as many files need to be adjusted for each one. I think it'll probably be blue only, since it looks more electronic than neutral greys, is less offensive than the orange and, imo, looks better than green. Who knows though, if there's demand i might make other schemes available for download. Thanks fellas.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.