XR5 XR Series Scenario Ship Settings

Marijn

Reaction score
Hello,

The scenario files which are included in the XR5 add-on contain this line:
Code:
TAKEOFF_LANDING_CALLOUTS=0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

What's the function of this line? Volume of the callouts? But I count only three callouts during takeoff, not five
i.e.
1) 100 knots
2) V1
3) Rotate

I am currently writing scripts to generate scenario files. So I would like to set some meaningful data for this property.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Many of the settings in the XR scenario files are to maintain internal vessel state across reloads, including that one. In this case, those values contain internal state for the takeoff & landings callout logic, so you should not generate those. To sum up, you generally should really only need to create "standard" scenario settings (e.g., like any vessel has) in order for the scenario to work with an XR vessel. :tiphat:

Marijn

Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I'll skip those. If I may ask another question:

The script I am developing allows a user to set a number of crew members. The user could have installed UMMU (which comes with Orbiter Sound if I am correct). Or, like myself, use XRSound and no UMMU.

I remember from some time ago that I couldn't set a custom crew without UMMU. I am trying that now again by changing XR5VanguardPrefs (which I would like to avoid), but now the crew gets replaced with civilians. I guess that's some sort of tweak you introduced in a recent update?

Can I set a custom crew without civilians taking their place when not using UMMU?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
No, that would require me to implement crew support myself, and so crew support will only be re-added when oMMU reaches beta testing. That will likely be a while yet, and so I as I see it there's not much point in adding custom crew members yet anyway if you can't EVA them.

Marijn

Reaction score
Then I'll wait. I do have some purpose for them in mind aside from EVA's.