Question With whom would you eat dinner?

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
BTW. Guys, who so many of you want to have a dinner with Jesus Christ, not providing an explanation, why? Forgive my atheistic mind, but isn't it awkward to sit in a company of a deity? No offense meant, I just want somebody to explain this to me.
I really liked your choices Tiger. Well thought out and emotional (to me anyways). But to answer your question about Jesus Christ. MY answer would be after all us are taught about the bible, I would just like to hear it from his own mouth. And to clear up any discrepancies there may be in the bible. To know the truth as HE would perceive it. And of course by doing that we would all have alot of questions answered and put to rest once and for all any doubt for all mankind. And would know our TRUE purpose of being or not. Would mankind like what we heard? All the wars fought since his time over religion and all the people that have died for it through the ages and is still going on today. Would mankind be let down and disappointed? Well, thats the purpose of wanting a dinner with him. For believers and non-believers alike, we all want to know the truth even if we don't like the answer. Mankind just has a natural need to know the question of "Why?" and there are alot of those. So as a believer you want enlightenment. As a non-believer you want answers to questions you always suspected were true. I am just speaking for me BTW :cheers:

Screamer7

Reaction score
Jesus Christ.
Neil Armstrong.
Carl Sagan
Arthur C. Clarke.
And Harrison Ford.

There are many more.... 3 are not enough.

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
When it comes to celebrities they still have to wipe their butts and fart. Therefore they're nothing exotic or super special..

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Theodore von Karman
Clarence "Kelly" Johnson
My paternal grandfather, Wayne Sawyer, who died long before I was born. (I know he's not historical, but he's one person I would have loved to have met.)

Pablo49

Reaction score
1. AstroBeatle for bumping an ancient thread. Would "go to the bathroom" and then leave 'em with the check.
2. Whoever said Michio Kaku on page one, so I could explain to them how much of a hack that guy is.
3. Your mom. She's a nice lady.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, better late than never, after all, it isn't me who started necroposting. :lol:

Patton? Surprising choice. Why Patton?

Favorite general in history of mine and somebody with a very strong passion for ancient history... feels like the right choice for a good dinner. Especially in the constellation with Bud Spencer (actor, musician, lawyer, politician, inventor and former Olympic swimmer) and Neil Armstrong.

Who else would you want to dine with in Valhalla? :lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm going to second Urwumpe on the Patton thing. He would spend quite a lot of time on historical anecdotes.

So;

George Patton
Nickolai Tesla
Theodore Roosevelt

Also, maybe at the next table or ours if we've got the room
Sergei Korolev
Wally Schirra (or Alan Shepard, tough call)
Jeanne Poisson, maybe? Her and George might get into some pretty good debate

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Dat consistency.

Well, now tell me you wouldn't dine with her.
Marilyn-Monroe-17.jpg

But I decided to bump up Jesus Christ one slot. It's not just the philosophy and stuff that interest me, but how many times would you get to discuss history with someone who actually lived through some definitely interesting times and had direct contact with a massive lot of commoners and not-so-commoners alike?

Besides, JC made for some interesting dinners.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, now tell me you wouldn't dine with her.

Too depressing person in the end. Would be pretty hard to find two other guests to not leave you with the urge to listen to Children of Bodom.

Some flowers on the table are enough decoration, don't you think?

Jane Goodall appears like a good guest for a dinner... Or Queen Victoria might be a more interesting choice there, but Elizabeth II also isn't the worst choice for a dinner. Or Katherine the Great... ok, that would be tickling the dragons tail. :cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You might find it difficult to amuse her during the evening...

Well, its like Gene Kranz. He never said "Failure is not an option" and she never said "We are not amused". Actually, she was quite the opposite. :lol:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
For the sake of an ancient thread,

1. Nikita Khrushchev

2. Gaius Julius Caesar

3. Erwin Rommel

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
#2 shouldn't be a problem. I already saw him in person at school :p [ame="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajus_Julius_Caesar"]Cajus Julius Caesar – Wikipedia[/ame] (German only)