Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It sounds like a video driver bug where it's not blitting (rendering) the panel background. The panel bitmaps are bundled inside each XR vessel's DLL, so it's unlikely they would be missing. Please make sure you are running the latest graphics driver for your card from nvidia.com or amd.com. Then make sure your Orbiter video device is set to "Direc3D T&L HAL" if you are using the default DX7 video client (orbiter.exe).

atheling

Reaction score
Hi can anybody suggest what settings or how best to run 2010p1 in windoze7 64bit

Thanx

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My answer may not be of any help to you, but in my experience so far with Orbiter, if you want really great performance, run it in Windows XP. Windows XP x64 with the D3D9 client gives frame rates that are measured in the thousands.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
While running it here in Windows 7 x64 gives a framerate of around 500. Truth be told, I don't see the point in switching back to XP for FPS above that which I'm not going to notice.

D3D7 is still hardware accelerated in XP though, I think, so that would yield a better framerate over W7, where it is not. Such is progress, though - the D3D9 client is very nice. :)

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I myself never could get that kind of framerate with 7x64 like you are getting. But it is still usable for sure. I wouldn't have bothered with XP if I hadn't already had it set up as a dual boot for other things.