Why you like Orbiter

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I came to the idea that orbiter is a parallel universe.
It is supposed that when two universes touch themselves, a big bang occurs...
Physics must be wrong...:rofl:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Several reasons. As stated by others, it's a challenge. It gives you a sense of acomplishment when you finally understand how to do a certain thing and can do it consistantly. Who here remembers their first orbital reundevous and how proud they were of themselves when the ISS came into visual?

DanHawkridge

Reaction score
I think its the insane realisation that when your doing a PDI in the Lunar Module from Apollo, or launching a Soyuz from Baikonur, this has/is REALLY happened, with real people sitting in these things being flung to far away regions. Or walking around the Moon with AMSO. Real people, things that actually happened! More realistic than erm Left 4 Dead. Although much higer System requirements too! Thats what i like ;)

SPASE_1976

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i like orbiter because it gives me the chance to make a real-time mini journey around the globe and view the planet from above , i only wish the graphics to be more realistic for that purpose.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Why I like orbiter?
It is no action game. It is a simulation.
When you want action then play star wars shooters. I don't like them because they are not realitic. I learned soooo much in the years I played orbiter. Before I played I don't understand how sling-shots work.
How a spaceshuttle can dock to ISS.
Now I understand the laws in the space. For me every orbiter flight is an experience. As I was a child I always wondered to be an astronaut. Now I
am an astronaut in orbiter.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
When I was a child, I attended a presentation astronaut Franklin Chang had. He explained why Challenger exploded and explained the whereabouts of SRB design. To enjoy spaceflight I should have had to pay a trip to NASA. I just could not afford it. Orbiter brings that experience (dream) to your home.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
It´s a nice, free, and usefull SIMULATOR to get a challenge, to test things about phisics, to have fun, to think, to broke your head with a procedure that you can´t make and to have satisfaction :p

I LOVE IT :speakcool:

Seb

Reaction score
For the community and intense unexpected moments :)

Robsoie

Reaction score
Why i like about Orbiter :

-it is a simulation that does not try to hide behind arcade design, it is trying to offer as a realistic experience as possible of the physics and how space vessels are working, and is so brillantly setup that it is very accessible after reading some very well done tutorial.

-while playing you always learn something and you are then enticed to search for more info/knowledge about space, objects and the universe, because you always want to know more.

-its scope is beyond the majority of the other usual sims with a full scale solar system and with addons even more to never be able to see everything.

-it is the perfect sandbox/open ended/freeroaming software for me, i can do what i want, when i want and how i want without being limited by the same scenarios.

-half a billion of addons of any kind, realistic, scifi, fun, weird, etc... that will always fit any scenarios that can come to my mind : recreate a real space mission trying to stick to the plan, fly some insane alien aircraft over the star war death star, etc...

-it remains the closest thing to the old childhood dream of really going to space, explore the solar system, etc...

Ark

Reaction score
The addons. Games with a constant stream of new mods and a massive database of old ones are addicting to me.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Here is another one.

what other simulation allows you to take off from the Earth and land on the moon in one session with no cut scenes or loading screens?

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Why do I like orbiter? It's the only simulation I know of, where I can take off from earth, fly to Jupiter, launch a satellite, and then send a few astronauts into the atmosphere, just because I feel like it.

Omhra

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
To me it is fun due to its challenges. And because it allows for the bar to be raised ever-higher...
Some landmarks might be;
Suborbital, orbital with successful landing :) , orbit on desired inclination and altitude, rendezvous and docking, Moon transfer and free-return trajectory, Moon landing without running out of fuel, return and entry. Mars, Jupiter and all of its moons... and interplanetary return and entry...
If you mix Orbiter with MSFS you really have something. Goes like this.
You start on MSFS on a local airport in your location. Fly to your nearest or preferred space port. Fly your mission. And return home. That is really fun. A launch can take a day of planing or more and then when all is going well you can continue to plan the mission to fit it your real life schedule... I do it at my place of business all the time and I am scheduled to land on the Moon this Monday at 4:30... so I will close the first day of the week by landing... sooo relaxing.

Oh and to see what the 3 top percentile say to the top 5... The large egos and the selflessness there-found at the same time combine to make this Orbiter into a spectacle in verbose form and through all the addons. Fascinating!