Which News Network do you watch the most often?

Which news network do you watch the most often?

• Total voters

Nickmick95

Reaction score
Which news network do you watch the most often?
Answer this poll.:)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Print technology news for me. Television news is an oxymoron unless you believe that celebrities are newsworthy.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
BBC News 24 here in the UK. But rarely. The Guardian website and paper, though.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
None (unless The Daily Show and The Colbert Report count). I get most of my news from the Internet. The only real exceptions are the recent Olympic coverage by NBC and whenever there is a Shuttle launch or landing (and even then I hope that C-SPAN is covering it).

Most mainstream media seem to think that "news" means whatever celebrities are up to or just general BSing. I have seen more newsworthy things in my toilet.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
"None" isn't an option.

Don't have cable or satellite ... no time, and didn't see the sense in paying $50+/month for the kids to turn it on for 5 minutes then walk away and leave it playing as background noise.

But, when I did it was Fox.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I feel quite sorry for you Americans. The times when I've been over to the states, I've found almost all the news channels to be sensationalist and scaremongering. With small, local insignificant events blown way out of proportion while the more important global stuff seems to take a back seat.

News channels here in the UK are at least watchable.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
But we can all agree on one thing, reporters are just a bunch of sometimes crankey people who are more like worms when it comes to gossip and Paris Hilton and Lidnsey Lohan are the apple, cool i just made up a new saying. :)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
But we can all agree on one thing, reporters are just a bunch of sometimes crankey people who are more like worms when it comes to gossip and Paris Hilton and Lidnsey Lohan are the apple, cool i just made up a new saying. :)

Not just that...

These days, news channels are on 24/7, with 2 hours worth of news to cover. The rest is just a bunch of reporters sitting behind a desk discussing and sharing opinions... and with sharing, I mean... telling you what to think instead of letting you make up your own mind.

Oh and...
I have seen more newsworthy things in my toilet.

You're not along there xD

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"None" isn't an option.

Don't have cable or satellite ... no time, and didn't see the sense in paying $50+/month for the kids to turn it on for 5 minutes then walk away and leave it playing as background noise.

But, when I did it was Fox.

Well done, I think the time when we had to pay for news from "journalists" is past (I used to be one, and I'd be disappointed if my son became one, I'd rather he was an honest thief or fraudster).

But "none" in the sense of no news, really isn't an option, I believe. You ought to say "other" which could include such riduculous sources as your own experience, direct contact with those affected by events through blogs/letters/conversations, or even contemplation of history, human psychology and poltics.

This may lead to a state of affairs in which your "newsworld" is restricted to those things which affect you personally or ethically, and excludes those things which you don't give a poop about. There are worse fates.

To give a trivial example: I was convinced for many years that it was important to know the sports results, even though I don't actually give a bledo for sports. It was news. Now I find my mind is less cluttered by these details, and slightly more serene. The same may be true for local crime events, party politics or entertainment news (if there's any difference).

Strangely, though I never watch TV news and rarely read a newspaper, I find I'm ahead of my peers in predicting what's going to happen next. In fact I'm $400 richer in various bets on political outcomes this year alone.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Well done, I think the time when we had to pay for news from "journalists" is past (I used to be one, and I'd be disappointed if my son became one, I'd rather he was an honest thief or fraudster).

But "none" in the sense of no news, really isn't an option, I believe. You ought to say "other" which could include such riduculous sources as your own experience, direct contact with those affected by events through blogs/letters/conversations, or even contemplation of history, human psychology and poltics.

This may lead to a state of affairs in which your "newsworld" is restricted to those things which affect you personally or ethically, and excludes those things which you don't give a poop about. There are worse fates.

I don't "watch" news ... I read it on that thar interweb, and listen to it on an old fashioned device I found in my truck ... an AM radio. :rofl:

Drudge, Boortz, Rush, Slashdot, and FNN (Florida News Network).
:cheers:

I'm not isolated, nor do I have my head in the sand ... I just use alternate means to find out what's going on at my convenience at my own pace. I suppose "Other" might fit. :blink:

pharoah0110

Reaction score
I used to be an avid CNN watcher...before it became the "Election Channel". Hopefully after the November elections CNN will actually report the news again.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Primarily Fox News. But sometimes I have to go to CNN to see news about important international events while Fox is occupied with not-so important stuff that doesn't concern me. BBC News is also an alternative I find good.

golden_eye

Reaction score
There's no option for "Orbiter Forum"...

My thoughts exactly. I get most of my news here from you guys, often along with intelligent discussions that cover all sides of an issue and allow me to form my own opinions after considering viewpoints I may have never seen otherwise.

Going with the poll though, it's usually the local news if anything and that's usually just to catch "weather on the 1's" ;)

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's no option for any decent news source either, all the ones listed there are tabloid style.

Melocoton

Reaction score
CNN - I care less for Celebrity stuff, and most other news channels are very very biased. Now, of course, CNN can be too - But it doesn't rant on and on about Pitbull attacks or what naughty background Obama has, so.. CNN. Oh, and it actually seems to care about economy and science.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Whatever channel airs the news when i feel like watching them.
Why EuroNews is not on the list?
That one look like one of the more objective ones.