• Orbiter-Forum

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • White Pages

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

llarian

Reaction score
Odd, but for as long as I've been involved in this community, I had not heard of the other available skins. Not only that but when I went looking it was quite the chore to find them. Until recently I had just used the default, but was quite pleased with Dark Nights. It seems easier on older eyes. Poll might be somewhat flawed though if more members are not even aware of the availability of other skins.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Well, presumably any members who voted in this poll would have first tried the other skins if they didn't know they existed yet. :p

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Odd, but for as long as I've been involved in this community, I had not heard of the other available skins. Not only that but when I went looking it was quite the chore to find them. Until recently I had just used the default, but was quite pleased with Dark Nights. It seems easier on older eyes. Poll might be somewhat flawed though if more members are not even aware of the availability of other skins.

This is a sticky thread in this forum. Lots of useful info there. :thumbup:

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13976

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I also use the Orbiter Skin, but voted Dark Knights by mistake. Anyway to change that? Dark knights isn't bad though

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also, I vote to change the name of Dark Nights to "Dark Knight".

iu

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Oops, I guess I use "White pages" but I thought it was default because I've been using it for so long! Can mine be changed too? -1 Default, +1 Whitepages:tiphat:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Oops, I guess I use "White pages" but I thought it was default because I've been using it for so long! Can mine be changed too? -1 Default, +1 Whitepages:tiphat:

I've updated the poll to reflect this. :thumbup:

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I've been using "Apollo (Fixed)" continuously since its testing phase (and because it's great for checking excessive signature sizes :p), with short switches to other skins when I needed to test visibility of text in different colors. I usually have time for visiting forums rather in evening, so I prefer skins with dark backgrounds (I had previously used "Orbiter", when Apollo didn't exist).

Michkov

Reaction score
I'm using Apollo (fluid). I find it perfect for browsing the forum in the middle of the night with the grey colours being easier on the eyes than the other dark skins. I'd hate to loose the skin.

While we are at the topic what is the difference between fixed and fluid skins? I've never noticed any difference for the two Apollos.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
what is the difference between fixed and fluid skins? I've never noticed any difference for the two Apollos.
You won't notice much difference on screens narrower than 1024-1280 pixels. Apart from a different header image, width of the fluid version scales with the width of the browser window, while fixed version keeps fixed width centered in the browser window.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Everything has been changed since the last post. The forum is migrated to XenForo and we have different forum skins. We should bring the vBulletin skins back.

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Everything has been changed since the last post. The forum is migrated to XenoForo and we have different forum skins. We should bring the vBulletin skins back.

To an extent, yes. Our next focus for development effort is OHM and its generally broken status. We will however devote some time to forum themes for the new board, but this is less of a priority than a fundamentally broken aspect of our services.

Michkov

Reaction score
As much as I want the Apollo theme back, right now we got a dark and a light theme, that is good enough for now. Other, especially broken, features on the site are higher priority imo.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
As much as I want the Apollo theme back, right now we got a dark and a light theme, that is good enough for now. Other, especially broken, features on the site are higher priority imo.
Out of curiosity; is there any specific still really broken? Our main focus is now shifting to OHM, and AFAIK most of the stuff is working on OF side.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I have my math typesetting and my :probe:, so I'm happy.

I haven't seen anything not work, especially on the default skin.

I'd say full steam ahead on the OHM upgrades!