• Uranus (he he)(and its moons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pluto and Charon

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Outer Solar System

• The Grand Tour!

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • No thanks i'm the guy who sends people up there not go myself.

• Total voters

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Can you specify what kind of spacecraft and engine? Because it's one thing if you're talking 6 months into the great white open, and another one if it's decades.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I assumed that the Moon would make the race, although there are just a few votes still.

I would take a trip to the Moon as well. From the Moon you can see the Earth amazingly close with your naked eyes, especially the night shadow. Also, it is just a short trip to the Moon. My second target would be Mars, if we'd had the technology to travel to Mars within just a very few weeks. Mars looks just so much more beautiful than the Moon. It almost looks like an earthly desert. And you get a day length that is almost equal to the earths day length. If terraforming would work (and if the temperature changes within one day would not differ that much), Mars would become the second most beautiful body to live on within this solar system I think.

That's it. I'm not interested in planets that are liquid/hot and which have a "too strong" graviation so that landing and living is impossible.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Book a Grand Tour seat for me please. :)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It is the grand tour for me too.
Especialy since I can view the earth as I depart (and come back???) and get to view a lot of great sights on the way!

brandonman

Reaction score
I had to say Jupiter's Moons, simply because Europa is my favorite body in the solar system (Next to Earth and Mars). The prospect of that much liquid water excites me.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I say Jupiter too because of how massive it is. Reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

insane_alien

Reaction score
as far out as they'll send me, even if it is a one way trip. just as long as they can hook up an email system and the ability to get movies sent to me.

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I picked Saturn and it's moons, not so much for the rings, I'm more interested in the moons. Mountain climbing Iapetus's equatorial mountains, viewing Herschel crater from it's rim on Mimas, sailing on the ethane seas of Titan. Gene Roddenberry couldn't have dreamt up this stuff ;)

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
Your poll doesn't have enough options...

*plots a course for Altair*

Unstung

Reaction score
The Moon, it's a short trip to a celestial body and there is not much delay between contact. Mars would be my next choice, not first because the trip is so long and it takes a few minutes for light to reach it from Earth. Actually, either Mars or LEO. I don't want to spend more than a month.

Ark

Reaction score
If a guy from NASA showed up at my door and offered to stick me on a ship for a complete tour of the solar system, I'd sign up without hesitation, no matter how long the voyage. Something like that would make everything else in my life seem utterly pointless compared to seeing Saturn's rings up close, or looking back at the little dot that is Earth from Pluto's orbit.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Ok who chose the last option?
Sorry i didnt specify the grand tour bit, you can either do the Voyager trajectory or the trajectory on that british series when they land on all the planets and its moons.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Moon. I like to keep close to my origins, plus it's my favorite celestial body. Who wouldn't enjoy being able to jump 13 feet into the sky?

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Moon. I like to keep close to my origins, plus it's my favorite celestial body. Who wouldn't enjoy being able to jump 13 feet into the sky?

Only if you have strong legs, i think the highest the astronauts could jump was about 3 feet, during John Youngs and Charlie Dukes lunar olympics Duke jumped around 3 feet but then almost fell down and crushed his PLSS back-pack, which he admits is the only time he was actually scared.

Unstung

Reaction score
The height of his jump would depend on how bulky his suit is and its weight.

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Moon for me i guess.Mars would be next,then LEO because of the view and to experience the ride in the Shuttle. I can imagine how hard would it be to actually choose a trip if someone was offering me one of them.