GFX Staff
Reaction score
DGIV (and my mars rover :) )

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What is your favorite addon? :cheers:
DG-IV by at least a lightyear; that addon is awesome! (P.S. Maybe the developer can contact me about adding realistic life to the A380)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Very pointless poll. I voted IMFD, as it was really the add-on I use most of the time, but my long-time favorite is actually World of 2001.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I dont think add-ons should be judged, people release not to be judged but to be enjoyed.

In the case of this addon developer, I have to disagree. I think the work I'm doing today with my addons is at least somewhat better than it otherwise would have been because of criticism -- i.e. judgment -- I've received from the Orbiter community.

And who can honestly say that they don't enjoy the expression of positive judgments about their work? But with the positive must come the negative, so all in all, I'm a big fan of informed judgment about my addons.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Orbiter Sound
I think everyone overlooks that because it's almost like it's a part of the basic game. But it isn't. Without sound, I don't think I'd have ever gotten into orbiter in the first place.

Since everyone has sound and it's almost like part of the game (in that you pretty much have to have it), my second favourite add on is the DG-IV

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Orbiter Sound
Since everyone has sound and it's almost like part of the game (in that you pretty much have to have it), my second favourite add on is the DG-IV
Since I moved into a new house and have a music system in the computer room, I very rarely have sound on the computer. If I'm playing another game or talking on skype, I put headphones on, but for the most part, I use my computer without sound - including Orbiter.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I get a good deal of criticism for not including sound in my addons, but the reason for this is that I don't personally use it. The reason it was included in the X-15 project was Scott's familiarity with and enthusiasm for it, and all the sound elements were done by him.

After all, in space, no one can hear you scream ...

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
I never realised not everyone uses Orbiter Sound.
I thought it was almost universally used by people who use Orbiter?
Ok well anyway my second favourite add on is the DG-IV because it adds a reason for doing certain things. It's always nice trying to do a proper re-entry, for example, but in the DG-Iv there is a reason for doing it properly - youre crew will die if you don't!

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I never realised not everyone uses Orbiter Sound.
I thought it was almost universally used by people who use Orbiter?

Since we only get one vote, the fact that we didn't all vote for OrbiterSound means little. I think we nearly all use it and appreciate what Dan has given us. But that doesn't make it the most important. That would have to be the spacecraft.

I can make my own rocket noises and put on the stereo to listen to music tracks, but I can't pretend to be a DG-IV or an XR-5. That's immersion.