Question What are you reading?

Keatah

Reaction score
Mostly technical material related to RF communications, modulation and propagation. I plan on re-reading Ringworld and its sequels soon.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hehe, reading about ducting models and the ionosphere is fun... closely rivalled by solid state physics :cheers:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I'm reading Foundation by Asimov, Uncle Remus, his songs and stories, The Elegant Universe, by Brian Greene, and some H.P. Lovecraft sprinkled here and there for good measure

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica

translating every other word...

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Apollo Guidance Computer: 2010 Edition
Thanks for that, now reading :). An interesting bio of the author that I remembered from the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal: http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/franko.html

Also reading: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towers_of_Midnight"]Towers of Midnight[/ame], Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just finished reading Watchmen
Reading 1984
Going to read??

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
"Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson, "Sarum" by Edward Rutherfurd, and "History of the World" by J.M. Roberts.

Allan

Reaction score
Currently reading 1.The World at the End of time by Frederik Pohl 2. We the Living by Ayn Rand and 3. Decision Points G.W. Bush

Ark

Reaction score
Decision Points G.W. Bush

If you aren't too far in already, can you tape a notecard to the back and keep a running tally of how many words he makes up? :lol:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
A Fighting Man of Mars, Edgar Rice Burroughs.

I really like the whole Barsoom series... even though there are some very unscientific concepts... but hey, these books were written in the early 20th century... and the man can really tell a story :thumbup:

This one, the 7th in the series is one of the best. Right next to the initial trilogy.

Makes me think about how cool it'd be to construct a Barsoom addon for Orbiter, with the cities, and the fliers as well... Tons of work... :hmm:

Cheers

Last edited:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I've got nothing to read right now. I kinda need suggestions. My favorite book that I read recently was probably Voyage by Stephen Baxter, so I'm a fan of hard-scifi/alternate history. I also like books that use a lot of real world technology.

Columbia42

Reaction score
I'm currently reading a biography of S. P. Korolev by James Harford because for a school project we have to give a presentation on someone from history and I chose the Chief Designer.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Currently looking for The Mote in God's Eye. The local bookstore's selection of decent sci-fi books dwindled even more last week to make room for yet another aisle of teen drama/vampire-fad garbage. So pretty much all of the sci-fi section is rows of Star Trek/Wars and Halo fanfic that somehow continues to be published and endorsed... :dry:

Ark

Reaction score
I've got nothing to read right now. I kinda need suggestions. My favorite book that I read recently was probably Voyage by Stephen Baxter, so I'm a fan of hard-scifi/alternate history. I also like books that use a lot of real world technology.

Titan by the same author is my personal favorite book by him. Flood and Ark were really good as well. There aren't too many authors out there that do hard sci-fi with relatively current tech.

Footfall by Larry Niven was kickass, too.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I finished reading Flatland about a week ago. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has the slightest interest in Geometry. It is quit interesting, and explains dimensions extremely well.

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
Martian Summer by Andrew Kessler!

Great account of the Mars Phoenix Mission from a guy who was simply there to write about it, its really quirky kind of humour. I got it for free on Yuri's Night.

Graham2001

Reaction score
Class G-Zero by Walter B. Hendrickson Jr.

A 1970's oddity I found in an op-shop dealing with the problems of first contact. The author seems to have been heavily influenced by NASAs ambitious late 1960's post-Apollo plans.

Amongst other highlights is the revelation that LC-41 has been rebuilt by the USAF for their shuttles and that the International Space Agency is building a ROMBUS launch complex somewhere in Australia...