We are small...

serolrom

Reaction score
... so smal...
This is what I think as I see the collapsed gear of the Ravenstar, at the end of the runway. It was not an easy reentry (is there any?).

This is what I read on the faces of the crew while they abandoned the ship in emergency. They were not afraid. They had been thrown, literally speaking, up to the space. With the small adjustments that can be done to a brick thrown up to intercept an orbit body, eventually they were docked to the ISS. Then they were released inside the same brick into the atmosphere. They survived the tremendous heat and strong g-forces. They were not going to be blown in an explosion after all of that. They knew. And I knew it too.

The Ravenstar will be repaired. The next mission will take us again to the ISS, where some of them will stay while a smaller group will go from there to the moon. It won't be so easy, but each one of these guys would take the risk if I asked each and every of them. Because that's our job.

Next mission:
- Ravenstar will take off with a crew of 14, and dock to the ISS.
- 8 will stay in the ISS and 6 will go to a reconnaisance mission around the moon. No landing.
- Back to the ISS.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It took me a good while to land the XR's and keep the gear intact. It's all about keeping the vertical speed down, you can touch down pretty hot, the breaks are excellent (and no real world worry about blowing the tires).