Humor Ways to kill a UMMU

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You shouild probably ask Woo482. He's somewhat of a UMMU-killing celebrity on the IRC...

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Fired one from the Moon to the Earth with a HARP cannon at 10000km/s. (He flew directly through Earth, but he was allready killed by the acceleration.
picture.php

Sky Captain

Reaction score
When I fly a mission with XR2 or XR5 I sometimes forget to bring all crew members back inside after EVA and accidentally leave few in space.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I flew to pluto put the captain back into the DGIV launched back to earth and left all the crew on Pluto.:blink: I never saw em' again

Warped

Reaction score
I did something like this once in Orbiter

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
You shouild probably ask Woo482. He's somewhat of a UMMU-killing celebrity on the IRC...
I think I'll have to agree with you, just a few of the creative ways I've destroyed UMMUs:
Castor1wXR21.jpg

UMMULaunch2.jpg

DGIVejectfail1.jpg

Warped

Reaction score
Darn. I had to write this over again :compbash:

One time, I was heading toward the moon in a DGIV at a velocity of about 50km/s.

I set my periapsis at around 5 metres above the lunar surface so that I would almost scrape the moon.

A few seconds before periapsis, I turned the DGIV upside-down and ejected my UMMU, who was now traveling at an extremely high velocity horizontally.

mega_death.jpg

Needless-to say, the unfortunate captain had his brains grinded across a few kilometres of moonscape in several seconds, then skipped off of the lunar surface and into a solar orbit, while my Delta-Glider, roof-hight from the surface, shot back out into deep space as well.

Last edited:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Forget to close the payload bay door before re-entry :dry:.
I've forgotten a variety of vital things prior to a re-entry... Payload bay door, nosecone (not even sure why I left it open), even the landing gear once. Long story. Rough landing.

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
I was on a return to Earth form the moon, time warped to much to close to earth and.... you get the idea.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Tried strapping one a few times to one of the four Energia Boosters with UCD for a ride to splashdown! Knew they probably wouldn't make it but it was a ride to die for! Also tried strapping one to a live R-7 warhead, But he didn't even survive the ascent!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Several logistics failures (not enough O2 for the trip, etc), miscalculations sending their ships careening into various celestial objects (including the Sun, but that's a long story), as well as plain dumbness, like leaving a DGIV in the Arrow's hangar and reentering (it survived the reentry surprisingly, but exploded into the Oort Cloud on undocking...you know how Orbiter gets when docked on the ground).
I'm proud to say I have not lost a single man or woman on EVA activities. :salute:

Bendarr

Reaction score
Using an Orbiter Beta (100520 I think) and a DGIV while sitting on the ground, eva'd a crewmember and started walking him toward the KSC building. He got about 20 feet and suddenly fell into burnt chunks on the ground.