OHM WarpDrive MFD Mk2

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
Warp MFD is great for getting around the solar system but now with Orbiter Galaxy, traveling to another star at warp 5 takes quite a long time. Perhaps the upper limit of the warp MFD could be increased to, say, warp 10 which would make it much easier to travel the galaxy.

I think even in the Star Trek universe warp 10 is almost unheard of. Except for some fluke that an external force is in play. Like those put into play by godly like beings that the TNG crews have encountered time and time again like the Q.

Columbia42

Reaction score
AFAIK warp 10 is the theoretical limit in Star Trek physics. Anything beyond is "transwarp" velocities. There are starships that can reach up to warp 9.975, however.

tm212

Reaction score
this add on doesn't work. i downloaded it, unzipped it straight to my orbiter folder then checked it in the modules and still nothing!!! deleted it after a couple hours. everytime i clicked it in my mfd it would come up but do nothing. it just showed me a warp vol of .0003 and wouldnt let me change it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Did you try the following keys?

Shift+W toggles Warp Drive on and off.
Shift+= and Shift+- regulates velocity.

tm212

Reaction score
warp problems

shift-w turns on and off the warp drive but doesn't work as far changing the warp volocity. it just stays at .003 and doesn't move no matter what i do. i've tried shift+ and shift- and still nothing. im wondering of its just a compatability issue because i recently downloaded the updated version of the arrow freighter.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
and are you trying LEFT shift and the + key that's located between '0' and 'backspace'? If you are using the one on the numpad it won't work.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I am no longer active as an add-on developer, and don't even have the means and environment to fix bugs, so all my old add-ons are effectively orphaned now. Therefore, i'm open-sourcing them on request.
For context, see https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=39822

Here is the full source code of WarpDrive MFD Mk2 : https://github.com/artlav/warp_drive_mfd
Provided as is under "i don't care" license, project files not included, needs fixing and/or updating to work with modern OSDK and VS.

There was a request to increase the warp factor, which should be a quick tweak of the constants, but i'm not sure which by now.

Good luck.