Question Vinka's Multistage spin feature

ATymeson

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been playing with Domany's Shuttle derived HLV, and I notice that the spin feature that Vinka's Multistage has causes trouble after the HLV does the rotate to upright maneuver that the shuttle does as well. If there is no further pitch maneuvers afterwards, it works fine. But if there are pitch maneuvers after the spin around, the vehicle goes into an uncontrolled pitch-tumble. I suspect it has something to do with the roll maneuver at the beginning of the launch that sets the HLV's frame of reference to ascending upside down, and the spin throws off that frame of reference since the vehicle is now upright. Is there a way to trick the vehicle to do the desired pitch without losing control? Or is this something where I would have to do an acceptable break from reality and have the spin maneuver be the last thing the HLV does?

I am running Orbiter 2010 version 100830 and I use the DLL 2010 version of stage.dll

Thanks for any input.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Wow, it's been a long time since I've messed around with Shuttle-C (or not Shuttle-C, Sidemount, whatevs).

I remember this happening to me a few times, I usually just flew it manually. I may give it a try using Universal AutoPilot. If I can I'll post results, but we just got back from vacation and I'm on thin ice by being here instead of unpacking and doing laundry.