Reaction score
Little thing I slung together.
(I'm no good at videos - evidently)
I've no idea what the UFO blue dots are either.........:oops:
They weren't on the original flight.

Last edited:

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
scientific platform "North Pole" went on its first voyage (the study of the Arctic is one of the goals of the Ross space station)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Isn't that the plane that had a nack for randomly falling out of the sky?
As far as I know, only the modified version for/by the german military had these "falling issues". It was modified a bit to much if I remember correctly.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
As far as I know, only the modified version for/by the german military had these "falling issues". It was modified a bit to much if I remember correctly.
It was really a combination of a new Luftwaffe that was essentially a hard reboot from after WWII with relatively inexperienced pilots, lack of enough jets to enable proficiency of trained pilots, and (on paper) all weather ground attack capability in a new Mach 2+ jet that really hated changing direction that caused a lot of controlled flights into the ground.

clipper

Reaction score
Still one of the hottest looking and best sounding aircraft ever put into production:

The Century fighters were peak cold war aesthetic but the Starfighter is just sublime - the thing looks fast even when it sits on the tarmac.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Still one of the hottest looking and best sounding aircraft ever put into production:

The Century fighters were peak cold war aesthetic but the Starfighter is just sublime - the thing looks fast even when it sits on the tarmac.
I saw a few Italian ones flying at Aviano when I was there in 1995. Beautiful, but my God they were loud.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
I'm wrenching my brain trying to remember, but wasn't there an ESA concept for something like a small bi-conic orbital shuttle that looked like this? It wasn't Hermes. I want to say it was called Clipper (unrelated to the Europa Clipper). Looks a lot like it except it can land vertically.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm wrenching my brain trying to remember, but wasn't there an ESA concept for something like a small bi-conic orbital shuttle that looked like this? It wasn't Hermes. I want to say it was called Clipper (unrelated to the Europa Clipper). Looks a lot like it except it can land vertically.

Yes, first of all, there was the CTV, the manned version of the ATV, also Russia once presented Klipr (Clipper) during its better times, but that was a biconic lifting body.