Internet Video Thread

steph

Reaction score
I hope it isn't faked. Really nice prank.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izq5jW-JL4w#t=80"]Alien Invasion Prank! - YouTube[/ame]

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's been a lot of buzz over in the addon boards lately over a couple of projects involving B-58 Hustler addons.

I have always loved the high tech aerospace designs of the 1950s and 60s, such as the Atlas missile/launch vehicle, the F-104 Starfighter, and of course, the B-58 Hustler.

I first saw the B-58 in a child's book about aviation when I was little, and I remember how space age it looked, so sleek and powerful with that delta wing and four monster engines and all that polished metal skin. And it was a high speed beast in reality, too, which didn't stay in service very long as it turns out.

Here is a film about the B-58's low level high-speed capability, looks like it was made by the manufacturer Convair.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

And here are B-58's doing MITO (minimum interval takeoff) testing. Great footage of a beautiful aircraft.

E

ex-orbinaut

Thanks Andy44, quite a fan of it myself! :) I hope I do find enough time to finish that mesh in a reasonable period.

Durable beast, too. Quite a little "adventure" on this video of it.

And a pleasing exchange in the comments, for Youtube, that seems to be legitimate between two offspring of the crew members, and adds some interest.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Air New Zealand FTW​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw44VFNk8Y#t=12"]The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made[/ame]

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score

"Mankind sends a probe into space to catch a comet and land on it. And we need a great director, film, and actors to convince people this is interesting." - Lucasz Sobisz, Simulation Technical Director

ESA done it the right way. This video is pure awesomeness. Go Rosetta !

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Andy44, quite a fan of it myself! :) I hope I do find enough time to finish that mesh in a reasonable period.

Durable beast, too. Quite a little "adventure" on this video of it.

B-58 emergency.

And a pleasing exchange in the comments, for Youtube, that seems to be legitimate between two offspring of the crew members, and adds some interest.

I just now finally watched it. I'm surpised they didn't bail out, landing a delta wing with a bad main gear is pretty dicey, not to mention the fatigue after flying refueling missions all night for 14 hours.

E

ex-orbinaut

I just now finally watched it. I'm surpised they didn't bail out, landing a delta wing with a bad main gear is pretty dicey, not to mention the fatigue after flying refueling missions all night for 14 hours.

I thought the same thing while watching it. Dogged, staying with it to the conclusion.

While on a subject like this - and on this thread - I will just mention I recently re-watched a series on CNN - I think it was - that I had seen before, which was quite a passable historic overview of the timeline the B-58 formed a small part of.

E

ex-orbinaut

On the same subject, more or less, as my previous post on this thread...

Well, I found it entertaining :), however, it reminded me of something I read quite a while ago...

Here's an excerpt, from the book "Jutland to Junkyard", by S. C. George (it is about the salvage operation of the WWI German High Seas Fleet, scuttled at Scapa Flow);

S.C.George said:
But at the end of World War II events occurred which completely altered the scrap value of steel in the remaining wrecks. These were the atomic explosions in Japan which resulted in contamination of the atmosphere by fall-out. This has meant that all steels made after 1945 are to a very slight extent radioactive...

(clip)

...it therefore follows that for the most sensitive shielding experiments, pre-1945 steel is essential, and the scarcity value of such steel of a thickness of two and a half inches or more became double the value of steel manufactured after 1945.

Just wondering about these statements, now.

Last edited by a moderator: