Internet Video Thread

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
The residential building on Kotelnicheskaya embankment in Moscow, built in 1952, is 176 m tall.

Kotelnicheskaya_Tower_00.jpg

876nabknb5.jpg

A guy has climbed the star on top of the spire.

Warning: Acrophobic people, don't watch.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Just a couple of flying cars:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQL-dUjlOg"]The Terrafugia Transition - YouTube[/ame]

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
my first Mc redstone tutorial:

I would be thankful ffor feedback,

greetings :tiphat:, HAL9001

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My first let's play videos!

So yeah, I started a series. Of course when you start something you are nervous which would explain the mindless chatter for the first 30 seconds of the video. I'm getting better with it. So here are my current "Let's play" videos on the game Wolfenstein which was made in 2009. Endure the squeaking voice! :hailprobe:

Enjoy,

:rofl:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Something completely different...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrfA-C4wug&feature=plcp&context=C47a60a6VDvjVQa1PpcFNCYRV8--bMbF8hMkIPnx1oVKaFSX4KEus=]Henryk Melcer-Szczawiński : Prelude[/ame]

...and strangely compelling.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
my first Mc redstone tutorial:

Let's explain minecraft redstone [tutorial] [HD] [english] PART1 The basics - YouTube

I would be thankful ffor feedback,

greetings :tiphat:, HAL9001

Well, it's quite terrible.

You start the tutorial without any introduction, in a world where there's already a bunch of redstone stuff. Zombies, chickens and other mobs are incredibly loud and your friend can barely be heard.

You go into the menu to set the mobs to peaceful - something that should have been done long before you even started recording. Still, the Minecraft sound is very loud compared to the rest.

You started the tutorial at night in a poorly illuminated area.

Since you chose to start with "Redstone is an ore you can mine", you could at least show the ore, tell where it is found and what you need to mine it.

You then placed a bunch of redstone wire and jumped straight into pistons. There are quite a few things you should have covered before you got to pistons, like the different power sources, the distance the power travels and the different ways to extend the distance of the wire. You only explained that after you were done with pistons...

Around 4 minutes in you jump into rapid pulsar, timers and randomizes. That is not the topic for part one of the tutorial.

Than the OR gate... a terrible design for the OR gate. And RS nor latches.

From about 4 minutes on, you activated the rapid pulsar which keeps creating terrible noise and it's very difficult to figure out what you're actually trying to say.

At the end of the vidoe, the sun rises. Also, at the end you say that this covers the absolute basics for redstone. I disagree. You never mentioned some of the vital stuff just for transportation of power, like the different ways of transporting power up, down and in all directions. You showed an inverter, but never explained what it's used for. You jumped straight into the hard stuff.

Your friend is also there for no reason. He talks at the start of the video and just causes chatter, but doesn't actually ask anything. Why include him at all? There are also a bunch of ugly and misplaced sound effects in the video...

Anyone who stumbles across your redstone tutorial video will find a new one after watching 15 seconds of it.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The tale of how a crew managed to control a Boeing 737 with both engines flaming-out over the Gulf of Mexico to glide to a smooth landing on a grass levee near New Orleans. And not just any river banks: it's within NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility (the site for producing shuttle external tanks and Saturn V's first stage)!

ED_4

Reaction score
Here's for those that are budding real life astronauts. This is what you'd have to learn to do when you do end up going to space to live there for a few days.

Use the
Space Toilet

:thumbup:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Classic 1970's Oz-Rock...

...complete with a glimpse of Tullamarine Airport just after it opened, and a classy bird, a QANTAS 707.

lindemherz

Reaction score
Uchuu Kyodai/Space Brothers

I didn't know where to put this, so I'll just put it here. Movie about two brothers who decided they wanted to be the first Japanese on the Moon, but one got kinda sidetracked...

ED_4

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this, so I'll just put it here. Movie about two brothers who decided they wanted to be the first Japanese on the Moon, but one got kinda sidetracked...

Trailer - Space Brothers Movie - YouTube

That was originally made from a Japanese manga series. Then they actually made an anime of that same thing. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchuu_Kyoudai[/ame]

You can watch some of the anime episodes on that ongoing series here: http://anilinkz.com/series/uchuu-kyoudai-space-brothers