Internet Video Thread

Reaction score
The Space Oddity video reminds me of the Ian Anderson/Cady Coleman duet a couple of years back, which hasn't garnered quite so many views:-

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The Space Oddity video reminds me of the Ian Anderson/Cady Coleman duet a couple of years back, which hasn't garnered quite so many views:-

I'm roaming all over YouTube now :p
This one has a little more... gravity.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Chris Hadfield, pre recording.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4USdh-sesDQ"]Chris Hadfield and Barenaked Ladies I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing) - YouTube2 - YouTube[/ame]

rodion_herrera

Moonwatcher
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
astronomicalsolutions.com
Hi guys. I was reluctant to post this here, because you'd then know that the reason for the delayed release of my Brighton Base 2013...is because...I'm totally enjoying Kerbal Space Program LOL. Here's a video I made, a mash-up of KSP and "The Right Stuff" movie :) Take note that I used the movie's sound effects, so I had to carefully create "scenarios" in KSP that would basically blend well with the movie's sound effects :) Hope it makes you smile! :)

Kerbal Space Program Meets The Right Stuff

-RODION

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was reluctant to post this here, because you'd then know that the reason for the delayed release of my Brighton Base 2013...is because...I'm totally enjoying Kerbal Space Program LOL. Here's a video I made, a mash-up of KSP and "The Right Stuff" movie :) Take note that I used the movie's sound effects, so I had to carefully create "scenarios" in KSP that would basically blend well with the movie's sound effects :) Hope it makes you smile! :)

Kerbal Space Program Meets The Right Stuff

-RODION

Ok, now...back to Brighton Beach!!
It needs YOU!!! :p

...just kidding. Enjoy!

Yes, you!!! The probe wants YOU!!!

:hailprobe:

Actually Rodion, I want to give you a big congrats on this video. That has to be the first time I can ever remember seeing a watchable KSP video, hilarious right up to the "pop" at the end.

:10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign:

Staiduk

Reaction score
OK a week or so ago I posted a video of the Leafs-Bruins hockey game. I was thrilled; hoping the Toronto Maple Leafs were finally coming out of their 45-year slump.
Sadly; not only was I wrong but I was spectacularly wrong. The Leafs did what the Leafs do best: blow an insurmountable lead and lose in an embarrassing fashion.

Oh well - I've always said that the Leafs last won the Cup when I was two and will next win it when I'm two years dead so I've only got myself to blame for hoping.

Still, there was some incredible goaltending action in that series; so I thought I would share this video. The creator seemed to have a fondness for wiggly fonts; but this video shows some of the incredible feats NHL Goaltenders are capable of.

I have no patience for woo-woo thoughts at all; but if anyone could convince me of prescience; it would be an NHL (National Hockey League) goaltender (or 'Goalie').
Goaltenders are extremely strong (needed to lug the 60 or so pounds of armour they wear), fast and flexible. They move like lightning; almost faster than the eye can see and that's not mere admiration talking. They have astounding reactions and hand-eye coordination far beyond that of a normal Human. They often move into position before a shot is fired; displaying an anticipation reminiscent of ESP. They have to - since a puck can be fired from point-blank range at well over 100kms./hr.; and they can still make the save; their success seems almost magical. It isn't of course - it's based on adrenaline-fuelled hyper-awareness and experience but it looks magical. Certainly a Forward having his shot blocked by a goalie on his game can feel cursed.

Goalies are the true Gladiators of the modern age. They take insane risks; placing their body between the goal and a vulcanized rubber disc fired at often lethal speeds. They take the hardest hits; suffer the worst abuses and throw themselves back into the goal before the puck can pass. Tough, brave and unbelieveably fit; they perform far beyond what we mere mortals can consider to be normal. They are often both underestimated and lauded. They're the last line of defence for a hockey team - as such; they hold a special place in the hearts of all brave men.

Here's some of the best goaltender saves ever seen: prepare to be amazed.

Enjoy! :)

Edit: Here's a better video; TSN (The Sports Network)'s Top Ten Goalie Saves. It's much sharper; includes HD and has commentary from the goalies and other players on the ice. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK a week or so ago I posted a video of the Leafs-Bruins hockey game. I was thrilled; hoping the Toronto Maple Leafs were finally coming out of their 45-year slump.
Sadly; not only was I wrong but I was spectacularly wrong. The Leafs did what the Leafs do best: blow an insurmountable lead and lose in an embarrassing fashion.

Oh well - I've always said that the Leafs last won the Cup when I was two and will next win it when I'm two years dead so I've only got myself to blame for hoping.

Still, there was some incredible goaltending action in that series; so I thought I would share this video. The creator seemed to have a fondness for wiggly fonts; but this video shows some of the incredible feats NHL Goaltenders are capable of.

Well, I have a good theory for you. Chris Hadfield (a leafs fan himself) was up in space from March 13-May 13, during which the leafs were 11-6-4 (14-9-4 if you count playoff games). Right around the time that the Soyuz hit reentry, the leafs were up 4-1 in game 7.

Then, as Hadfield said himself, they both went down in flames ;)

Oops, my mistake, that should be December 19, 2012 for his launch. It still puts the leafs at 29-20-5 over his time in space, but 14-9-4 while he was commanding the ISS. Still, as anyone who sees leafs hockey on a regular basis can confirm, 29-20-5 is pretty good for them.

Last edited:

Hmuda

Reaction score
If you'll indulge me, I made two videos recently. One for Towel Day, the other just cuz. got to love Space Engine. :)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm, looks like nearly every page in this thread has aviation videos...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU-PtZuhMvg"]Air France & la Patrouille de France - le film / Air France & the Patrouille de France - the movie - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/66411035"]PATROUILLE DE FRANCE LE FILM - LE FILM MAKING OF #1 www.patrouilledefrancelefilm.com on Vimeo[/ame]

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just watched that one, it's amazing what they were doing without our modern computers in the 50's-60's.

Also technicians don't seem to care too much about the toxicity of RCS propellant traces, nothing like a shuttle landing, they just walk and help the pilot to get on the ground :hmm:

I wasn't aware of the existence of an improved version with impressive aluminium ETs, looks cool !

And yes, more than 50-year-old stuff already...

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A very interesting documentary about the Saturn-V I watched this evening. Did you knew that the Apollo 6 unmanned flight was a near-failure with nasty oscillations caused by the first stage and a double J-2 flameout on the second stage ? I didn't.