OHM Velcro Rockets v1.11

ZacharyS41

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.zachsellinger.com
Configure it as a slave from the main engine, use on every booster that is not the main one.

All boosters have PRIME0 on it. What I mean is that the PARALLELBURN has certain numbers that indicate how they are positioned on the first stage. For example, Booster3 has this:

PARALLELBURN 1 Delta-Stg1 -1.0479 -0.6050 -13.5 -0.866 -0.5 0.0

Booster6, which is next to Booster3, has this:

PARALLELBURN 1 Delta-Stg1 -1.1916 0.2101 -13.5 -0.9848 0.1736 0.0

Notice the difference between the first, second, fourth and fifth?

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Now I see.

The first number after PARALLELBURN is the "dock point" you want to use. You will probably need to change it from 1 to 0 depending of the side of the Main Engine you are velcroing the stage on (but it depends of how the stage was made).

The last three values are related to the rotation of the stage.

There's also an implicit three values related to the Direction of the stage. They are by default 0 0 1. You can try to play with these values (I bolded the values I mentioned):

PARALLELBURN 1 Delta-Stg1 -1.1916 0.2101 -13.5 0 0 1 -0.9848 0.1736 0.0

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The first number after PARALLELBURN is the "dock point" you want to use.

Attachment point actually.

In Orbiter, they are two ways to assemble "spacecraft" : docking ports and attachment points. Velcro Rockets is built around a smart use of the last ones.

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Attachment point actually.

In Orbiter, they are two ways to assemble "spacecraft" : docking ports and attachment points. Velcro Rockets is built around a smart use of the last ones.

To tell the true, Velcro makes smart use from both. But granted, it's the Series Burners that (also) make use of Docking Ports. The parallel burners use just attachment points.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
But granted, it's the Series Burners that (also) make use of Docking Ports

Are you sure of this ? Because, in Orbiter, it's impossible to dock two (or more) landed vessels (or the world collapses). And "SERIESBURN" rockets have to start landed anyways.

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Are you sure of this ? Because, in Orbiter, it's impossible to dock two (or more) landed vessels (or the world collapses). And "SERIESBURN" rockets have to start landed anyways.

I don't remember exactly why this i needed (it' 3 or 4 months since the last time I looked in the code).

Code:
void VELCRO::GetDocks()
{
//	AtchV->DetachChild (tgtatch, 0.0);
//	AttachChild (hV, attachpos[chosenpoint], tgtatch);
	numdocks = AtchV->DockCount();
																	// Find the docking ports on our attached vessel,
	VECTOR3 global, pos, dir, rot;									// and add them to our own!
	for (unsigned int i = 0 ; i < AtchV->DockCount() ; i++ ) {
		dh[i] = AtchV->GetDockHandle(i);
		AtchV->GetDockParams(dh[i],dpos[i], ddir[i], drot[i]);
		AtchV->Local2Global (dpos[i],global);
		Global2Local(global,pos);

AtchV->HorizonRot (ddir[i],global);
		HorizonInvRot(global,dir);

AtchV->HorizonRot (drot[i],global);
		HorizonInvRot(global,rot);

AtchV->Undock(i);
		AtchV->DelDock(dh[i]);

CreateDock(pos+_V(0,0,0.0),dir,rot);
	}

This is used by Boosters and by Serie Burners.

By some reason (that I don't remember...) these velcros mimetics to itself the host dock ports. A collateral effect is that if you attach velcros over velcros, you propagate all the Docking Ports from the previous vessels through the chain.

For example, if you attach two Series Burner on a rocket, and attach a Booster on each Burner, each booster will make for itself a copy from all his Burner docking ports, that are also a copy of the host vessel docking ports.

Cross Feeds and Parallel Burners don't clone the docking ports.

But, point for you, the "contact" between the velcro component and the host is always an attachment point.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get boosters,to spin after detachment?I thought that spin table command did this,but I can't seem to get this to work.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
AFAIK the spin table is for the final release of satellites, I don't think there is a way to manipulate booster release (only release speed- or is that Multistage?), that's why the boosters by Soyuz LV Velcro don't look so cool.

CORRECTION:
I just RTFM, (always a good suggestion...)
Other .scn options:
SPINTABLE A spin rate, in radians/sec, for the stage to assume when it's jettisoned
from a lower stage.
TIPOFF Normally 1. A multiple of the usual rotation rate upon jettison for sideattached
parallel stages. Almost never needed, but I had to set it to 0
for the X-15-Blue Scout scenario to simulate the launching trapeze.

I still think it's not possible to emulate a Soyuz booster type release with velcro though?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Buck Rogers,I did RTFM,and thanks,I have tried with the Tipoff command,but,I don't seem to get the spin effect on the side boosters I am looking for,but I wiil keep trying,and I will let you know if,and how to make it work,and you let me know please also if you get it working on your end.Thanks

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
No offense intended. In my experience, these things (Orbiter and other) often take ALOT of trial&error and tricksing to get near to a positive result, so good luck & godspeed.
But... what effect are you looking for?
Maybe the future MS2015 has better options, or c(/sh)ould be implemented in the dev.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Buck Rogers,oh no worrys I never took it offensively,anyways,just to let you know the ms2015 has a really nice spin effect for boosters,but I am just trying to see if I can get a similar effect with Velcro rockets too.BTW thanks again.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Well I'm very happy to hear that, especially about MS2015 :)
I got the unfortunately belated impression you are far more knowledgeable than me about these things anyway! (too sporadic forum visits!), again, best of luck.

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone ever fixed the issue of Velcro SRBs not emitting smoke?

There're any Velcro sample Scenario where this problem happens?

I'm getting smoke on my current setup with that stock Scenarios.

lRypTxETzunAWj11SnGh5tYjt1mILVELDvaMl5A9HT_cGj5YVksHxEwuxJrQpGpwMZsMWEWgMizZDwcnxPo7kFxqtgiXHgtBPlmUho-DPbQ1U3cGVcAhVQ_V3HD-ZjCENsvMGseFXHeaHrlNYMAmG9QVXljXcDa0aCbJMb0h-sXWZNjDh9qhMZBqHZmeG-_vMZ8tKkunDBR9cyabd9LrY8iLp2owcaDYBzy1JiaGncPSoYbBxCiZPHXBWrt15ulxe4taSy9KHZH9fZIf2mubSBQ_fi8etKMFWPBUCBf4YomKMtSr15aKHjDrM0LlysQJ_EZMB_czQP0iPRuU2RwlGIW_bmEBKqw8kLiPbv3KKv69QH-p7L9Xnl531PH4LAQ8zb26-i3wj0Wd2GXw2Oyga_a_IHKl921G8Vllu_8nVFEi5IdKnEbgC5QRgbC-DF7j5raw76Wfq7ouV3NkIF7PbfpQGbKFtIgRIFLQ8uJ82UyW7E47xpcEWIfbm4rswo-7wzY1_rKgh6-Xm5ZJHznPkcDeh4rkVxS_kACaTtIvA0w=w898-h673-no

On Google Plus

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
In Orbiter 2006, I get the smoke, in Orbiter 2010 P1, I do not.

tumblr_nvkqdj13Pl1rpuj2so1_1280.png

tumblr_nvkqdj13Pl1rpuj2so2_1280.png

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Here's an example of how it looks in Orbiter 2006:

tumblr_nvkqdj13Pl1rpuj2so3_r1_1280.png

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My screenshot was made using 2010P1, but I was using an custom built Velcro.

Try this version.

It's a custom version I had made trying to fix some issues I found while using it on TX (but some of the issues were on TX). I corrected some little bugs I found, but don't remember an issue on the exhausts or smokes - chances are that for this specific issue, just recompiling the plugin against 2010P1 libraries should fix it.

Let me know if this works for you. I can recompile the original Velcro 1.1.1 on 2010P1 for you - it would be the safer approach, as my custom version is still being tested.

One additional feature of this custom version is that External Fuel Tanks can now be used to feed RCS thrusters - the original version tanks only works on main thrusting engines.

Last edited: