VC++ 2005 Express Edition...

myles

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to compile SSU, and I thought I had it set up correctly, but I keep getting these errors for every subsystem (Atlantis MLP, Atlantis Tank, etc):

Code:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'uuid.lib'

I tried adding it to the additional dependencies under linker/input, and adding it in other places, such as additional project directories, but it won't work. How do I make it work? I am very unexperienced, just trying to compile this so I can use SSU.

myles

Reaction score
Also, It seems that every time that I quit and then reopen it, I have to retype all of the settings such as the include directories, even after I press save. What's wrong with that?

myles

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea? I even tried a new install of SSU, clean from Tortoise. Please help, someone! uuid.lib is not mentioned whatsoever in my properties!

myles

Reaction score
Even if I add uuid.lib to "ignore library", then I get around 300 errors, saying things like:
"Atlantis_SRB.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall VESSEL::SetLiftCoeffFunc(double (__cdecl*)(double))const " (?SetLiftCoeffFunc@VESSEL@@QBEXP6ANN@Z@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall Atlantis_SRB::clbkSetClassCaps(void *)" (?clbkSetClassCaps@Atlantis_SRB@@UAEXPAX@Z)"

The same thing happens when I try to add to the resources/additional include, I get tons of errors. PLEASE, can anyone help?

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
looks like orbiter.lib and/or orbitersdk.lib aren't in your "Input libraries"

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Have you added the location of uuid.lib to the "additional library directories" under properties --> Configuration Properties --> linker?

Does uuid.lib come with the express edition (Don't know as I'm running the full version).
Your other errors (unresolved symbols) are because (as Urwumpe says) you haven't put the orbiter.lib or orbitersdk.lib in your additional libraries. You'll need to put the path of these in additional library directories too.