VACATION TO NY

Chipstone306

Reaction score
So for the upcoming Easter holiday I am going down to New York for a few days..Ignoring the obvious attractions down there does anyone have any fav sites to see when in the big apple ? I've been theere three times so far and i am looking for something unique ...

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So for the upcoming Easter holiday I am going down to New York for a few days..Ignoring the obvious attractions down there does anyone have any fav sites to see when in the big apple ? I've been theere three times so far and i am looking for something unique ...

I have never been that far east... only about to Wisconsin. and that is only because we had to land there after a tornato in Minnesota. :(

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Never been to NY myself. My mom went recently, but the only places she would suggest you go will probably be the more obvious places you may have already seen. :)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It depends on what interests you. My best friend (other than my spouse) lives in Brooklyn, and used to live in Washington Heights in the very northern part of Manhattan. Both these communities are loaded with immigrant populations (my friend is from Niger, West Africa) so I found both my visits have really been through an African interface.

Very cool actually, because I've never really done any tourist things there. Except, I suppose, spending the day by myself in the Metropolitan Museum, but even there I spent more time looking at African art than anything else.

Manhattan's great for walking in. My advise is wander, and do a lot of it. I actually discovered the greatest musical instrument store ever by wandering around in Greenwich Village the first time I went. I was so lost, that the only way I found it the second time was by calling my wife and having her look it up on the internet for me.

I ended up with a 30 to 40 year old balaphone for less than $100 for the effort as well!