News Upcoming Rocket Launches

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!
You are going to notice some posts in the calendar starting to show up over this weekend! I am going to post some upcoming launches for dod, nasa and other commercial payloads using everything from proton rockets to atlas. There will be a brief description of what will be launched and the launch window!

Enjoy!

:coffee:

Chipstone306

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE:

Some details of launches will be unavailable due to information releases ...DOD doesn't like too much info getting out about what they are sending up he he he

delayed launches will be updated accordingly

Chipstone306

Reaction score
.On the day of launch I will start a thread describing the aspect of the launch vehicle and its payload and what web site to go to to watch the launch. Dates for launches will be one month ahead of time on the calendar and will be adj accordingly due to delays or failures
Enjoy!

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Upcoming launch!

Launch time:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1149 GMT (6:49 a.m. EST)
Launch site: Odyssey platform, Pacific Ocean (154° West, 0° North)
spacer.gif

The Sea Launch Zenit 3SL rocket will carry the Boeing-built Thuraya 3 mobile communications satellite into orbit. Thuraya Satellite Telecommunications Company of the United Arab Emirates provides space-based telephone services. Delayed from earlier in the year due to January's launch failure of Zenit rocket. This will be Sea Launch's return to flight. Delayed from October, Nov. 13, Nov. 14, Nov. 18, Nov. 19, Nov. 20, Nov. 21 and Nov. 25. [Jan. 2]
[/FONT]

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Upcoming launch!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Feb. 5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Soyuz • Progress 28P[/SIZE][/FONT]
Launch time:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1302 GMT (8:02 a.m. EST)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan
spacer.gif

A Russian government Soyuz rocket will launch the 28th Progress cargo delivery ship to the International Space Station. Moved up from Feb. 12 and Feb. 7. [Jan. 12]
[/FONT]

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Upcoming launch!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Feb. 10[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Proton • Thor 5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Launch time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]1133 GMT (6:33 a.m. EST)[/SIZE]
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan
spacer.gif

An International Launch Services Proton rocket with a Breeze M upper stage will launch the Thor 5 communications satellite for Telenor of Norway. The Orbital Sciences-built spacecraft will serve Scandinavia, Europe, and Middle East. [SIZE=-2][Jan. 14][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I just watched the webcast of the THOR 5 launch. While the rocket itself performed well, I feel the true gem of the program was Trei Johnson, the lady they had hosting for her first time. She did a great job. :wub:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Okay, now when the m6 forum is down, can we follow the launch here? Or is this thread just to mark launch dates, and the actual launch threads are somewhere else? Sorry for being dumb, this forum still gives me a pause.

By the way, here is the video coverage link for the upcoming launch:
http://events.variview.net/clients/sealaunch/20080317

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Webcast is running, less than 12 minutes to launch.

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
11 minutes into flight, and its going well, Block DM has 1 minute left to burn, 1800 miles downrange.

Block DM first burn complete, 30 minute coast till re-ignition.
N.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Webcast is running, less than 12 minutes to launch.

N.
You do know that the launch was yesterday? What you're most likely watching is a replay.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well! that fooled me, I thought I'd just got lucky. I hope nobody noticed, I'd feel such a :fool:!

Ho hum, back to formula One...

N.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
German SAR-Lupe 4 Radar survelliance satellite is to be launched atop Kosmos-3M rocket from Plesetsk Cosmodrome this Tuesday (March, 25). The launch time is:

20:15:27 Moscow Standard Time (the same for Plesetsk)
18:15:27 MET
17:15:27 GMT
1:15:27 p.m. EDT

If any images, launch data or video footage will appear, I will create a separate thread for this launch.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
If i was an alien coming in on another planet, I would say.
''What are these humans doing luanching rockets out of there of there atmosphere, foolish earthlings''