New Release Universal Cars and Cargo for Orbiter (UCGO) released

Buzz313th

Reaction score
Thanks Dan...

I have been looking foreward to the full UCGO ISS.

JB

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yes me too looking foward to UCGO ISS,and SHuttleA.Having a blast with UCGO,Thanks again Dan your the man.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looked at the sdk but didn't see how you get a Ummu to perform an action? I saw how you get it to change a wav but not seen how to perform a function like open doors,....

Also can you have multiple breathable areas in the same vessel?

Last edited:

radekpl

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.radekpl.net
I do not know. Maybe this was written in other post, but for me, there is a lot of posts and i do not have a lot of time, to read all of them.

When I dock with DGIV in Arrow bay and transfer all-1 passenger from DG-IV to Arrow...these people is added to list of passenger in Arrow. Then I make offline-procedure on DG-IV ....there is a message like "offline and all passenger are docked to mother ship" ... But last passenger who proceed offline procedure is not written in passenger list in Arrow. This man is nowhere.
Is it bug, or it is in construction for next release? Or it is to hard for implement?

But.....Thanks for great add-on. Arrow and UCGO is very very great.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
IBut last passenger who proceed offline procedure is not written in passenger list in Arrow. This man is nowhere.
Is it bug, or it is in construction for next release? Or it is to hard for implement?

It's not a bug and you don't need to put the DG into offline mode when it's docked. Simpy dock, shutdown the DG (i.e. turn things off - NOT OFFLINE mode!) then transfer all your crew.

guitarist473

The UMMU that can play guitar
Reaction score
another great addon from the dan-man.
just a quick question, where are the hover engines?
i can see the flames/thrusters but no engine visually.
is this normal or am i missing a texture.
thanks

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Currently the Arrow lacks a visual model for the hover thrusters, so you aren't missing any files

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dan, I finally got around to downloading UCGO and the DG-IV 2. I have a somewhat unorthodox problem, namely the installer hangs itself before it even starts installing, on both addons. I get the impression that the installer doesn't like my system at all (still using W2K). Do you have any Idea why the installers won't work (they always did for your older add-ons), or are the add-ons available in zip-format somewhere?

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
I've confirmed, the installer doesn't work with pre-XP machines, excluding windows 95 and 98, it works on there for some odd reason :/ .

Starshipexplorer

Reaction score
Hi jedidia. I confirm this issue also...using W2kPro on my "Orbiter" pc and had the same problem. I consulted my IT Engineer at work...its a Win OS issue. Some installers may not be necessarily "backwards compatible" under certain conditions. I posted today a "work-around" in Dan's forum as to a possible solution (posted a thread there awhile back). Hope this helps :)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, found it. thanks. Really have to update my OS some time in the future...

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Arrow Freigther Stretched version?

Just played around with a Shuttle-A with the Arrow Freighter... Superb job with that ship... but if the docking bay was a mere 5-6 meters longer, which is peanuts compared to the overall size of the Arrow, a Shuttle-A would snugly fit inside the Arrow's docking bay... right now the engines are sticking out through a bulkhead... but not by much, it doesn't even impact on the stowed landing struts.

Not really a request per se, but would a slightly stretched version of the Arrow be possible in a later release of UCGO?

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Dan has made it pretty easy...

Not to provoke anything here, but it would be appreciated not to simply state that something undefined is easy and trailing off the statement with a suspended idea...:shrug:

So, Dan has made what pretty easy, and in what way?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it possible to move the attachment point in the Shuttle-A.cfg instead, or would it still be too big ?

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is it possible to move the attachment point in the Shuttle-A.cfg instead, or would it still be too big ?

I pondered that idea for a few moments but the issue is that the length of a Shuttle-A exceeds the length of the docking bay by a very few meters, so then you end up with the nose of the Shuttle-A merging with the forward bulkhead instead of the engines with the rear bulkhead...

I suppose the only alternative is to stretch the meshes of the docking bay section of the Arrow forward (including the doors) with associated changes to the docking attachment point... but I'm no 3D modeler!

ezelite

Reaction score
Is it possible to prevent your adding cargo wherever you like? Would there be a way to make it so you can only add new cargo at a station or within range of a base? Is it possible to go even further and limit what cargo is available at each location? I know its easier to just pretend what you can and cant take but it would be nice for some specific scenarios. Excellent addon..Ive used DG4 since 2003 and now im very pleased to see things moving to the next level!

EDIT:On second thoughts i suppose you could just create a scenario with all the cargo in place and just not use the browse/add feature.

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
*insert dr who voice here* "Oh, you are GORGEOUS!"

Dude, the arrow is absolutely fantastic! I simply cannot say enough about it:) I do have one question though. While I was installing it I got a notice that I had LOLA installed and UCGO doesn't like my version of lola. It gave a recomendation for a new version but I've forgotten which version it recomended and I cant find a record of the notification; anybody know which LOLA version it did recomend?