Support Universal cargo deck,and payload manager problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi,I have been using the built in payload manager on the energia to hold two XR2s in place,and all is fine until I save ,or quit the scenario then when I restart it the ships are not attached to the energia anymore,but I noticed that people that use the UCD,and payload manager in their addons,when you start there scenearios provided the ships are already attached,so basicaly how do you save the scenario with the ships attached,and when you restart the scenario,there still attched,I also noticed this also, with UCD.Very confused .thanks
:probe:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Never had an issue with Payload Manager or UCD.

Does a quicksave work and if it does can you see a difference between the quicksave and (current scenario).scn files?

You've not listed versions so Does it work in 2006P1 and not in 2010P1?

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Sounds like the vessels you are attaching have spaces in their names. I used to have quite a bit of trouble way back before I realized vessel names with spaces would not work with payload manager.

For reasons like that it's a practice probably best avoided as some addons and perhaps other things don't always work well with spaces.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thanks GarryW it's 2006P1,and I seem to have it working ok now,except when I attach the Ravenstars to Kulches Energia it's always damaged,or somethings malfunctioning like the gear gets locked,and wont budge,any way to properly create,and cofigure the ravenstar,and then attach it intact without damage,and with gear up to the Energia,OH and Sly can I please have an example of what the spaces in the names look like .Thanks

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Matter of fact, I think I had it happen once not long ago without spaces in 2010 but not sure. I mean when you name vessels to spawn them with scenario editor, That's where to avoid putting spaces in as it's better to use underscores instead.

The gear and hover damage happens any time orbiter loads up a scenario because orbiter considers any vessel attached to a landed vessel via Payload manager also as landed. And XR2 automatically fails those systems regardless of impact velocity if gear is up and detected as landed. You'll just have to disable damage in it's cfg file.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The gear and hover damage happens any time orbiter loads up a scenario because orbiter considers any vessel attached to a landed vessel via Payload manager also as landed. And XR2 automatically fails those systems regardless of impact velocity if gear is up and detected as landed. You'll just have to disable damage in it's cfg file.

Actually, you can leave gear damage enabled and instead simply disable damage detection while the XR2 is docked. Just make this change in your Config\XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg file:

Code:
EnableDamageWhileDocked=0

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thanks dbeachy worked like a charm,I have a question Doug? I have been using computerx sonic boom addon with the XR2,and it works great, but when I attached it to Kulches Energia rocket the effect won't work,but the attached Deltagliders show the effect?thought I'd might ask.Thanks

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm afraid you'll have to contact the Sonic Boom add-on's author about that -- it's not my code and so I have no idea what it's doing. :)

EDIT:
O-F Staff Note: Also, please do not cross-post: please continue the discussion in your Sonic Boom thread here. Thanks.

Thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.