Unit tests for SSU

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding some unit tests for SSU. Does anyone have any comments or objections? Also, can anyone recommend a C++ testing framework? I've been thinking of using Google test.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I've been thinking about adding some unit tests for SSU. Does anyone have any comments or objections? Also, can anyone recommend a C++ testing framework? I've been thinking of using Google test.

No objections, I would suggest the same, but I have not yet found any framework, that also works well with Orbiter. I think we need our own framework there, unless you want to limit the tests to the libUltra stuff, that works without orbiter running.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the moment, I'm planning to stick to libUltra, without trying to handle Orbiter as well.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue, what you're talking about, so no objection here either.:lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I haven't got a clue, what you're talking about, so no objection here either.:lol:

Unit tests are a tool to automatically test if all interfaces of a unit (class, library, subsystem, etc) work properly to the specifications.

In software development, they are a common tool to improve the quality of the software a lot and prevent problems with backwards compatibility.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Cool ! Thanks for explaining.