Bug UMMU holdup at airlock on slower machines

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dan, if you're reading this, here's one to add to the list for a next UMMU version (or at least to add to the documentation):

On slower machines, the transfer of a crew member can take up to about 0.2 seconds. If another UMMU is transfered while the other is still waiting in front of the Airlock, it doesn't get transfered. It just keeps hanging in front of the Airlock (without a mesh). I'd recommend putting in a short waiting time between transfers (half a second should be plenty), or at least mention in the documentation that developers are advised to put a timer into their eva-check.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I also have another roblem, which might be due to my incompetence, but I can't figure it out: I have two vessels, both with multiple transfer and EVA points. Let's call them vessel A and B to avoid confusion.

If I dock the two, and in Vessel A select the docking port B is currently docked at, and transfer, the UMMU spawns a long way away from the designated eva point of vessel A. Indeed, it spawns in front of DockingPort 0 of vessel B. Which is, incidentally, the active transfer port for Vessel B, so I thought " my bad, I have to choose the right eva port".
But then I chose the docking port Vessel A was docked to, and tried another transfer from vessel A to vessel B. The transfering UMMU spawned in front of B's docking port 0 again. Why is that, and what can I do against it?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just as a heads-up for anyone who is suffering similar difficulties, and also as a suggested addition to the documentation: UMMU does not transfer properly if the receiving vessel has a whitespace in its name.