Idea Space X and HST

barrygolden

Reaction score
With the news that HST is having issues Space X has looked at a repair mission. It would need a rear docking adapter and a door on the SM for the parts to fit on and open up for EVA. It would also take some new suits to do the EVA
we could modify the nose cap to dock with the front and the Dragon would need EVA rails to the back of the SM and to HST along with a folding TV camera to be able to watch this EVA.
Its been mentioned that Jared Isaacman and Drew Feustel from STS 125 would be on the mission

Attachments

• EVA uit.png
    EVA uit.png
    489.5 KB · Views: 20
  • EVA suit 3.png
    EVA suit 3.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 20
  • soft_capture_device.jpg
    soft_capture_device.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 21

barrygolden

Reaction score
This mission looks really cool and I like the EVA guy but he might need a dark sun shield and a light. this all works but the soft docking device doesn't show up on the HST

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
That's a good point! A lot of stuff is carried in the trunk (like the ROSA solar sails), but only on cargo resupply missions.
I guess if something is in the trunk of a manned mission, it should not interfere with a possible launch abort.
So it should either be lightweight, or be separated if an abort-command is given.

@barry:
The soft docking device will only show up in the Hubble Reboost missions, not in the standard HST missions.
Reason is, that is defined in the scenario-file as a small vessel, attached to Hubble.

barrygolden

Reaction score
Thanks I was able to see it yes there seems to be a lot of the older HST in that folder looks super. I am not sure but do the Doors on the HST still open ? The Dragon really needs some EVA rails and a small cargo bay to carry the ORU's in. There should be 2 EVA guys and they need to deploy from dragon but over all a super addon. I like the idea of Orion doing these types of missions such as this and Solar Max repair. Gattis did a Skylab MMU that might work well with the new Space X EVA guy

Attachments

• abcd.png
    abcd.png
    499.9 KB · Views: 11

barrygolden

Reaction score
I was trying to down load a Solar max into this and lost my earth textures any Ideas

URECA I was able to recover those and it looks super again !!!

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
Here is a look at the Skylab MMU done but gattis you might think about this MMU on the Space X or the XEMU guys

Attachments

• ababcc.png
    ababcc.png
    636.2 KB · Views: 15

barrygolden

Reaction score
I cant seem to get the EVA guy to get His feet locked into the SAL/TOOL _PFR 1 any ideas

Attachments

• aabb.png
    aabb.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 10

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think it's a bug in the StrelaCrane code. You can attach the astronaut into the foot restraint, when it is attaches to the Airlock.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think it's a bug in the StrelaCrane code. You can attach the astronaut into the foot restraint, when it is attaches to the Airlock.
There used to be a bug where an attached "child" would not be released from the old attachment when grappled by a new "parent". I thought MartinS fixed that years ago.
Anyway, I think you could detach the EVA guy (see EVA controls info) from SAL and grapple him with StrelaCrane.
Have fun!
BrianJ

barrygolden

Reaction score
there looks like 2 EVA stations with the Strela crane. The crane control station seems to work fine but the PFR doesn't

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So the PFR is SC3. Try pressing Space and then the command come up to move the PFR. I think pressing A attaches them. Really what is needed is pop up window to control the PFRs,.....

I can easily do them

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
'a' : Activate / Deactivate parent attachment management. A message will be displayed in the screen bottom left when activated. The name of the selected attachment and the name of the attached vessel (if any) is displayed. When active, cycle through attachment by using left shift Key + NumPad 4 (previous) or NumPad 6 (next). Use left shift Key + NumPad 0 to attach child (if any) / detach child (depending on the current status of the parent attachment) Use left shift Key + NumPad 5 to toggle display of grapple points

I get the Attachment message but pressing Left shift and 0 does nothing.

[PARENT_ATTACH_0] ;Foot restraint
NAME="Astronautk"
POS=(-0.003,0.346,0.023)
DIR=(0,0,-1)
ROT=(0,1,0)
RANGE=0.5
ID="GS"

Attachments

• SALPFR.jpg
    SALPFR.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I press the Lshft +num 0 is when it crashes. If the PFR is attached to the Airlock(SAL), it works fine.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the scn he has the tool pfr1 attached to the crane.

SAL/Tool_PFR_1:spacecraft\spacecraft3 STATUS Orbiting Earth RPOS 5338596.741 -3981980.921 1230722.308 RVEL -157.9406 2071.5297 7385.3847 AROT -128.170 52.308 7.779 ATTACHED 0:0,StrelaCrane

But I may need to remake the pop out windows. Because I can't close them with the x button on top. I need to figure that out. On some I added a close button

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did the pfr. Works good. BUT i need to figure why the red x on the top doesn't close the Dialogue box. I add a close button.

Attachments

• SALPFR1.jpg
    SALPFR1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: