Problem UMMu 3.0 and UCGO crashing Orbiter 2016

BobB

Reaction score
I recently installed Orbiter 2016, with UMMu 3.0 and UCGO add-ons. While I have no problems with the program when I don't try the two add-ons, when I launch either the UMMu 3.0 "performance test" or UCGO "Configure ARROW...debris" scenarios, I get a hard crash of Orbiter. I use these two scenarios as examples; all the scenarios that came with UMMu 3.0 and UCGO appear to result in the same hard crash.

Since I'm just starting, I can dispense with these components of Orbiter 2016, but I'd like to correct the problem now rather than later. If someone has a suggestion on what I need to fix, please send a reply.

Thank you for your time and trouble,

Bob

BobB

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thank you. Do you recommend uninstalling them?

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, there is No need to if you dont load the scenario, once the updates are there you can just overwrite the files i think

migviola11

Reaction score
I have the same problems with UCGO and UMMU in orbiter 2016 but if i create my own scenario with Arrow or an "EVA'd" astronaut they only cause CTD when i enter their cockpits, meaning they work until i press F1.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thank you. Do you recommend uninstalling them?

Yes. There is no point in having files in your install that might accidentally get loaded and crash the game. Although what Trekkie said is true, but why take a chance?

Well, there is No need to if you dont load the scenario, once the updates are there you can just overwrite the files i think

I would not testify to this being a certainty. With the new Orbiter version, there are bound to be different files and a changed structure in the new versions of DanSteph's add-ons. To prevent potential problems, I'd recommend purging them.

I have the same problems with UCGO and UMMU in orbiter 2016 but if i create my own scenario with Arrow or an "EVA'd" astronaut they only cause CTD when i enter their cockpits, meaning they work until i press F1.

You should just not bother trying to finagle a solution. Just wait until the new updates, or fallback to Orbiter 2010.