"UFO" 1970's TV series

Michkov

Reaction score
Watched the whole run over the summer. It's X-Com the TV show, if I may use an anachronism.

It's a bit slow paced for what I'm used to but the visuals are great. And also much more mature stories than I expected.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Re: Space 1999, I loved that series growing up! The first season is definitely better than the second season, though, having watched them again as an adult.

I guess I should rewatch them at some point... All I can remember from them from childhood was that I found them really weird. But they were in space, so of course child-me didn't care. I watched strictly for the spaceships, not for such mundane things as "story" or "characters" :lol:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
UFO was a great SF series of its time, and is still worth watching! Being produced in the early 70s it conveys the lifestyle (e.g. costumes) and humor of the late 60s.

My favourite quote:
Colonel Paul Foster is flying a plane. He gets an UFO warning and descends into a scattered cloud layer.
"These clouds give as much cover as a G-string on a belly dancer!" :lol:

Halman

Reaction score
Something which I find fascinating is the liquid breathing the aliens used. This was years before anyone considered such a thing for deep diving. (See "The Abyss".) I don't remember the reason that they were breathing a liquid, but I think that one of the human captives had to breath the same stuff, and he survived.