OHM UCGO 'Glass Dome' module

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: george7378

UCGO Glass dome module - George Kristiansen

This module allows you to add a glass viewing dome to your surface base complexes. It is easy to unpack and position, and once set up, this module will give you brilliant views of the planet you are relaxing on.

Installation:

- Unzip to your Orbiter folder, and run a scenario with a UCGO ship (like the DG-IV), and load the GlassDomeModule into the cargo bay.

Requires:

UCGO:

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4429

Recommended:

DGIV-II:

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3886

I haven't included and scenarios for the module, as I feel it is easy enough for you to load it into your craft and go to build your own base with it.

Have fun!

George Kristiansen.

DOWNLOAD

Ark

Reaction score
I love it!

UCGO has rekindled my interest in Orbiter as a whole, and it's great to see you guys putting it's base to good use.

Buzz313th

Reaction score
Very nice... this mesh would work really well for a "Greenhouse" for an oxygen production facility...

JB

andysim

Reaction score
:thumbup: reminds me of the film "Silent Running" Dont know why :thumbup:

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
\o/

We need UCGO plants we can fill these with

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Will this auto-attach to the other standard UCGO base elements (the node, etc)?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Needs lawn furniture

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I also like the opportunities UCGO has opened up, and UMMU 2.0 is very nice too. I used to think that having to make addons which revolve around central systems like this would be annoying, but it is really quite good.

I will be making more in the future!

Any ideas for modules or cargoes (bearing in mind that I can't code DLLs)?

Thanks.

andysim

Reaction score
how about some sort of observatory like a small telescope dome or something like that. If I was staying on the moon or other planet I would want a telescope with me -).

What about an unpackable Recon vehicle like a UAV so you can slowly fly around the site that you landed at. It would need an RCS or flight controls depending where you where using it.

I can think I a thousand ideas:lol:

Salun

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I also like the opportunities UCGO has opened up, and UMMU 2.0 is very nice too. I used to think that having to make addons which revolve around central systems like this would be annoying, but it is really quite good.

I will be making more in the future!

Any ideas for modules or cargoes (bearing in mind that I can't code DLLs)?

Thanks.

Well most poeple have mentioned it already but I figurre Ill go ahead and say it.

1.Plants. Various forms for food and oxygen production on base colonies.

2. Industrial eupiment. Cranes mainly come into focus.

3. AI MMU's. Walking around the surface or in the bases.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I may be able to make some plants, but they won't be interactive in any way (they won't be able to create oxygen or anything else) because I can't code DLLs. I would also need to know how to get more than one object to appear upon unpacking.

I could give industrial equipment a go too - they would only be meshes though. It will need someone more experienced to make something you can use to make/do something.

Salun

Reaction score
I may be able to make some plants, but they won't be interactive in any way (they won't be able to create oxygen or anything else) because I can't code DLLs. I would also need to know how to get more than one object to appear upon unpacking.

I could give industrial equipment a go too - they would only be meshes though. It will need someone more experienced to make something you can use to make/do something.

Obviously but I think it would add to the visual appeal to bases. I am working on a moon bas at teh monet.(60 Moduals thus far) And Its missing some things. to add to its winnyness

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's auto-attaching?

I thought if you unpacked them close enough to each other, the pieces oriented themselves in such a way as to appear "connected". I could be wrong, of course. :)

fredericva

Square shaped orbit
Reaction score
Website
www.classic-gaming.net

This addon has some plant meshes, which can be reused if the original author is given credit:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=591"]Orbiter Scenery Pack / Video SDK[/ame]

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
I'd like to second the vote for telescopes. I would especially like to see something like a set of chair mounted binocular newtonians in the 16 - 20 inch range.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
... I would also need to know how to get more than one object to appear upon unpacking....

I think that is set in the cfg:
from the cargobaselight

UcSpawnItemNbr = 5 ; Number of item carried in box

Vast fury

Reaction score
What about an unpackable Recon vehicle like a UAV so you can slowly fly around the site that you landed at. It would need an RCS or flight controls depending where you where using it.

Great idea! it would be cool you know? surveillance!

eldorim

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
When i unpack the glassdome and look out from the inside, all other objects are invisible. sometimes even the terrain from orulex. Does somebody have an idea, how to fix it?
Re-unpacking does not work :-(