Support UCGO Arrow Freighter question

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Question,

I'm trying to learn the Arrow Freighter and understand that in order to use Autoland you have to have a XPDR beacon as a landing point.

My question is, how do you get the released XPDR beacon cargo down to the surface to allow you to land the ARROW freighter ?????
When I release the beacon, it simply floats away from the ship and there is now way for me to "de-orbit" it to define my landing point for Autoland.

So what sequence do I use to get a defined landing point on the surface after releasing my cargo ????
:tiphat:

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Question,

I'm trying to learn the Arrow Freighter and understand that in order to use Autoland you have to have a XPDR beacon as a landing point.

My question is, how do you get the released XPDR beacon cargo down to the surface to allow you to land the ARROW freighter ?????
When I release the beacon, it simply floats away from the ship and there is now way for me to "de-orbit" it to define my landing point for Autoland.

So what sequence do I use to get a defined landing point on the surface after releasing my cargo ????
:tiphat:

i use the xr2 to take it down to the surface and then i wait until my arrow orbit goes over top of the becon and enable the autopilot

Wonderer

Reaction score
The XPDR beacon has to be deorbited by another spacecraft (like the DGIV) but the unpackablle probe deorbits on it's own.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, thats fine but how do you define where a autoprobe lands after you deploy it; does it just land randomly ?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, thats fine but how do you define where a autoprobe lands after you deploy it; does it just land randomly ?
The probe lands somewhere 70-80 degrees along its orbit, depending on the planet, the atmosphere and the probe's original orbit. You really have to eyeball it.

The Arrow can autoland on anything that has an XPDR frequency, be it beacon, probe or vessel. You could land it on another Arrow if you wanted to. Won't be pretty, though. ;)

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's kinda a poor way of determining a landing spot..........
Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if you can drop a beacon on a more precise landingspot instead of "eyeballing it"; if you can land a LM within feet of it's desired landingspot with 1960's technology, can't we refine this a bit to get with the times ?

NASA would never put up with this s..t :)
:lol:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if you can drop a beacon on a more precise landingspot instead of "eyeballing it"; if you can land a LM within feet of it's desired landingspot with 1960's technology, can't we refine this a bit to get with the times ?

NASA would never put up with this s..t :)
It probably only took Mr. Polli like 10 minutes to make! :lol:

I think you can manually deorbit it, so LOLA's autopilot could come in handy, though it requires more setup than the 'drop and pray' method the probe uses automatically. :rofl:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
deorbit to the place you want to land. b´ring your DGIV (there should be one for that trick) out of the docking bay with one capt in it an load the beacon into it. Land the dgiv before the AR-18 lands (put your DGIV down with more power). load out the beaon and the captain, depack the beacon and look for it's XPDR. enter the dgiv and roll away 50m. Now you can Auto-Land your AR18 at the XPDR Frequency of the beacon.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if you can drop a beacon on a more precise

I landed the beacon in an XR-2 at brighton beach then walked it to where I wanted it.

For other worlds I'll land manually and again walk the beacon or just leave the Arrow in orbit depending on the mission requirements.