TransferMFD Trying to set up IS flight

cougarman1701

Reaction score
:hello:Ok using dGIV docked to Mir I believe it is the second earth scenario. I have been trying for 4 days even after reading the Trans x exstended document and I am extremely unsuccesful. I can get the two yellow dotted lines in the Stage 2 to line up showing the sun as main body and transfer orbit to mars Now do they need to coincide with the current position of mars in orbit or do they need to coincide with my orbital insertion point. also the big grey orbital plane line where exactly or should I say how do i align that for proper alignment insertion. and last but not least I am having a hard time with understanding the graphical setup of the ejection burn where does the yellow dotted line ned to be in relation to the green orbital trajectory. also when making my burn to inward planets do I need to be on the interior spherical influence of the earth or does this not matter. Sorry so long winded but really trying to get this part down. Thank you.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Also I recommand the video tutorials by flytandem. There is a good video tutorial called TX-Earth-Mars.

Cpt CryBaby

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Here is a checklist I made a few years back on using TransX. Checklist is getting a bit long of tooth but I used it the other day and it still gets the job done.

http://www.stillmixtup.com/E2M.html

It doesn't get too technical because I'm still a relative Noob even after years of using the sim. Lot's of 'how' but sort of layman's approach to 'why'.