Question This game would be possible within 5 - 10 years?

raxo2222

Reaction score
LINKS TO OTHER'S FORUM (Initially was "April fool's experiment", now it is "Too many forums experiment)
Link.
Every link is save to touch.

My Mega Frankenstein game would consists of
ultimate Frankenstein (all games above), but modified;

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rulers_of_Nations]Rulers of Nations[/ame]- Politics/Secret Service/Domestic system/Research but modified – they have Tech level – a feature from Supreme Ruler 2020/Economic model, modified by games below.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperPower_2]Superpower 2[/ame] - Globe/UI/Nuclear warfare*1/Ease of transporting army*2/Political leanings but with bigger scale*3/Day and Night/Military Research*4
*1 Real life effects of it. (destroying ozone layer/increasing radioactivity/nuclear winter/instant effect on whole economy/destroying everything in full destruction range)
*2 Supreme Ruler 2020 was too complicated with it.
*3 Almost anarchy - totalitarian dictatorship, communism - almost pure capitalism.
Or 3d political leanings like in Nationstates (web game) – personal/political/economical level of freedom.
*4 this would be average from all stats 10 – Star rating.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Ruler_2020]Supreme Ruler 2020[/ame] - Tech levels*5/Various types of Mass Range Weapons*6.
*5 You cant research too advanced tech too early BUT researching tech's crucial to survive more than 100 years have VERY HIGH priority - these will reduce your dependency on nonrenewable resources , and will be researched, as they appear, priority of this would be modified in ecologist/environmentalist budget sector.
*6 Weapon types: chemical, biological, nuclear, neutron (only radiation, kills but not destroys), thermonuclear, EMP (destroys all electrical circuits), antimatter, dark-matter/dark-energy.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_III]Hearts of Iron 3[/ame] – Warfare/Army, but easy transport like in Superpower 2/Military designs would be “generic” like in Superpower 2.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_IV]Civilization 4[/ame] – Diplomacy/Moddability*7/Building of cities*7/Revolutions*7/Mass range weapons at least pollutes a land.
*7 This game have HUGE mods - it could be modified, so certain techs allows build cities on sea/ocean/mountain, some of mods allows civil wars and revolutions.

Empire Earth - Advancing trough Epochs (Modern to Future like 2200 year)/City/Unit/Ui/Industry Styles (spawn between 3 - 5 epochs).

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate_of_the_World]Fate of the World[/ame] – Ecology/Global warming/Pollution/Resource or/and Climate economical crisis/Pro-environmental policies.

Oiligarchy (freeware) - Peak oil or any nonrenewable resource - a economical crisis when you too slow change economy to closed system*8.
*8 Sustainability [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainability]WIKI[/ame]

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimEarth]SimEarth: The Living Planet[/ame] (old simulator game (abadonware)) – Realistic seasons of year*9/Rainfall*9/Temperature Change*9/Atmosphere could be modified or repaired after damage*9/
Modified version of Happiness and Quality of life*9
*9 Impact on Economy like in reality

Below is detailed described one of features. It comes from old game “SimEarth: The Living Planet”
but I made it more “advanced”

This would be HDI modified by environmental rating and health, political, personal and economic freedom, social security, "peacefulness world rating" and crime rates
Modified HDI would be measured in %

Quality of Life description
(95% - 100%> - Heavenly (Near - utopian,....And they lived long and happily for ever after - World)
(85% - 95%> - Marvelous
(75% - 85%> - Very Good
(65% - 75%> - Good
(55% - 65%> - Pleasant
<45% - 55%> - Tolerable - Today, Average world
<35% - 45%) - Unpleasant
<25% - 35%) - Bad
<15% - 25%) - Very Bad
<5% - 15%) - Miserable (North Korea World)
<0% - 5%) - Hellish (Mad Max/Fallout/Orwell 1984 World)
That scale would have wide palette of colors, unlike others Red-Green scale

Entropy would be reverse of modified HDI
Extreme low----/(95% - 100%>-Purple – White (97% level would be pink)
Ultra low--------/(85% - 95%>---Dark Blue - Purple
Very low---------/(75% - 85%>--Blue – Dark Blue
Low--------------/(65% - 75%>--Marine - Blue
Below average-/(55% - 65%>---Green – Marine (color between green and blue)
Average---------/<45% - 55%>--Yellow - Green
Above Average-/<35% - 45%)--Orange - Yellow
High-------------/<25% - 35%)---Reddish Orange - Orange
Very high-------/<15% - 25%)---Dark Red - Reddish Orange
Ultra high-------/<5% - 15%)----Brown - Dark Red
Extreme high---/<0% - 5%)------Black - Brown
Entropy Color range on map (Extensive palette to see very small changes)

These scales would be measured with at accuracy one-tenth promile
Entropy would have great impact on almost everything in game

In extreme, Entropy could go so high (below 10%), that entire civilization's would be torn apart, and global temperatures would go up as high as 5 - 10 degrees.

Or Entropy could go so low (above 90%), that all nations will be united into giant, happy, ecological, liberal, democratic and space colonizing Empire of Earth.

This game would be requiring top-class computer, and probably contain many bugs and flaws, and producing it will take 3-5 years.

Sorry for my English, I’m from Poland, if someone can find grammatical error, show me it in a post.

Last edited:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
So this is like an "ultimate compilation"?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This game would be requiring top-class computer, and probally contain many bugs and flaws, and producing it will take 3-5 years.

Discounting concept phase, and given enough manpower (say a studio with around a hundred people or so, if you homebrew the graphic assets. If you give them in contract you can probably do with 10 to 20 people) it should be possible in five years. The concept phase for such a giant however would likely take another 2 years (in software studios, this usually happens parallel to the developement of another game), or the developement time will through the roof because the game has to be re-written multiple times...

3 years is pretty much a no-go, I'd say, even if you buy the graphics engine and don't do one yourself.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Civilization VI or VII won't probably be very far of that...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think such feature lists are all nice, but more important is the question: How should it be played?

raxo2222

Reaction score
So this is like an "ultimate compilation"?

Yes.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Discounting concept phase, and given enough manpower (say a studio with around a hundred people or so, if you homebrew the graphic assets. If you give them in contract you can probably do with 10 to 20 people) it should be possible in five years. The concept phase for such a giant however would likely take another 2 years (in software studios, this usually happens parallel to the developement of another game), or the developement time will through the roof because the game has to be re-written multiple times...

3 years is pretty much a no-go, I'd say, even if you buy the graphics engine and don't do one yourself.

Heh, I probally send it to Eversim...

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I think such feature lists are all nice, but more important is the question: How should it be played?

ERROR I thought it is about making games.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Civilization VI or VII won't probably be very far of that...

This is a Real-time strategy game

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why can't anyone answer to this post?

I did. You answered "I don't know" to this. Which in my world means, that I don't have to expect much from your game concept unless you can answer my question with a "Yes, I have an idea how somebody should play this".

This is not meant to put you down, but there is always some kind of homework, that has to be done.

If you don't even know, how your dream game should be played - what sense does this concept make? You should work top down in game design, not bottom up. You go by how the player should spend his time and why this makes him pay money for your game, and then look at the features that this kind of gaming requires and how these features can be done - and if they can be done at all.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Under some pretty odd way two weeks ago i had a dream about the war in libya and how it could be made into a sim... And then i found this post...

But anyway it would take a lot of time 4years and a lot of coding if you want it to be exactly the way you want it... textures are a :censored: and needs time to be properly put into place... Meshes are pretty easy if you have the time to make them or you could borrow meshes from real life vehicles... And complex AI which could be pretty troublesome...

raxo2222

Reaction score
I think, that game would be requiring NEW engine to support that high complexity.

Games requirements would be so high, so even high-class computer would have some troubles smoothly playing that game.

4-core recent processor, 4 GB of RAM, 4 GB of HDD and graphic card from 2010 year would be recommended for that game.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think, that game would be requiring NEW engine to support that high complexity.

Games requirements would be so high, so even high-class computer would have some troubles smoothly playing that game.

4-core recent processor, 4 GB of RAM, 4 GB of HDD and graphic card from 2010 year would be recommended for that game.

Why that? You don't even know how to play it, maybe it could work already on a C64.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
just to note: My quad-core, clocked at 2.something GHz starts to lag majorly when playing a Civ5 game involving one copy of every Civilisation (thats 20 teams, 1 of me, 19 AI's). but I have noticed that Civ5's AIs seem to be quite simple and inefficient. they are also, to a T: flat dumb. I had a guy bent backwards over a rock, and when I went to him offering peace in return for some money, he said that was unacceptable, and even thought he could win. I promptly showed him the error of his ways. I'm off to try the AI on the hardest difficulty setting, be back soon!
:threadjacked: --sorry, carry on your original discussion.

raxo2222

Reaction score
Why that? You don't even know how to play it, maybe it could work already on a C64.

You probably newer played Superpower 2/Rulers of Nations/Superpower 2020

This game's idea would be played like above games.
It just contains more features, improved graphics and higher complexity.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You probably nawer played Superpower 2/Rulers of Nations/Superpower 2020

No, and looking at the infos about them, I don't really regret that. Aside of the pretty useless 3D graphics, all of it could have been done on a Atari ST, as monochrome public domain game.

raxo2222

Reaction score
Why cutting up all graphics allows running complex game on very old computer?
It is becouse Space Shuttle computer has 1 MB of RAM,
and Apollo computer is like Amiga?
Is 3d graphics eating 99% of computers resources?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why cutting up all graphics allows running complex game?
It is becouse Space Shuttle computer has 1 MB of RAM,
and Apollo computer is like Amiga?

No, mostly because the 3D graphics don't serve any real purpose in the game - you could replace them by pre-rendered bitmaps and all would be the same.

The scale of the game is also so compressed, that you won't see any real battles there, which would make 3D cute (Like, switching into a directed camera mode and watch the battle from inside it)

If you add a feature, that doesn't add to the game, it is a useless feature, that only steals performance and annoys the player - nobody wants to buy a $2500 machine for playing PacMan.

Which is why I said, you should be first aware of the sum of it all, not just making a Frankenstein of all games you like. It is not about being able to play all your favorite games at once, it is about how you are able to do this.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Utopia ran on the INTV (less than 1MHz CPU and a scarce 1.5kB RAM). You can run a lot of stuff without the flashy hardware, unless you're moving about a fantatrillion more-than-photorealistic fivedimensional objects with realtime raytrace graphics and 666.1 surround sound (unaudible frequencies included for added realism: you can't hear them but your dog will bite your controller).

raxo2222

Reaction score
I didn't said that game would have ultra good graphics like Crysis.
Battles and units could be totally "generic"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I didn't said that game would have ultra good graphics like Crysis.
Battles and units could be totally "generic"

But then you can do without 3D easily. :lol: