Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Got Jeb stuck in a high Kerbin orbit when I discovered that he didn't quite have enough delta-V to get back from the Mun.

Slapped together a "capture" ship using landing legs (don't have docking ports yet), met up with Jeb, and was able to return him safely back to ground by pushing the ship he was in. 241 science recovered!

You should totally get bonus points for something like that.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

And then while I was walking around KSC as Jeb, the entire screen went black and I had to reload the game. Now Jeb's listed as "missing."

That's frustrating. First astronaut lost was to a bug. If I was going to lose him anyway, I wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to rescue him.

Maybe I'll try again next patch. For now, not really interested anymore. The game stole my Jeb.

Pablo49

Reaction score
EDIT2: Mine is quite an old PC, so I need to put all graphics at the lowest level if I want a reasonable high FPS count with vessels more than 150 parts.
Please tell me that is like XP in the classic theme and not really win2000 or worse. I cannot bear the thought of ksp running on such a device. (could it?)

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
Please tell me that is like XP in the classic theme and not really win2000 or worse. I cannot bear the thought of ksp running on such a device. (could it?)

It's a labtop from 2007 with WinVistax32 and the classic theme (much cleaner and less resource conuming than default one). AMD Athlon 64x2, 4 GB RAM and an awful ATI1200X. Not too old but with a long usage life.

Probably lower computers would explode if triing to run KSP, as mine overheats noticeabilly :lol:

Sent from my Deltaglider using Potatolk.

Last edited:

pat8996

Reaction score
Hi HarvesteR, I Didn't Even now you played orbiter (just heard of the game 2-3 days ago). I'm New to this game. but other than that I've master every part of kerbal except for the RCS :beathead:, I'm just going to pratice that crap

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I played it this is much harder then orbiter.
I can't even make a rocket to orbit

This were my first thoughts, too. "Oh damn, I can do a multiple slingshot flight to Saturn and I cannot even reach space with my rockets here in KSP !!"
But then I learned how to beat the game, and there it is. Orbits everywhere for me. I still cannot get to Jool, though :lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Atmospheric probe concept, it was a test but I'm going to send it to Duna.

Entry interface :

EqRhaXq.jpg

Drogue chute deployement :

I45cj4p.jpg

Heatshield jettison :

OC3qG3K.jpg

Landing gear deployement, landing mode :

GhBHcFH.jpg

Chute jettison, powered final descent, helps to avoid to roll on a mountain slope (it was the case here).

Nv0f1V0.png

Probe landed and powered up, ready to send packets and packets of scientific data to Kerbin.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think the majestuous way Curiosity has landed have inspired pretty much everyone playing KSP

Turns out it works very well :yes:

But not everything is going smoothly at KSP. The developpement of the K-1, powered by 25 engines has notably suffered some drawbacks :

ogQ5VGr.png

gqYEKRW.png

No casualties so far : luckily the destruction is confined to the first stage.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Disastrous mission.
First rover drop on the Mun, and bob rolls the rover, in the first minute of driving it. So glad I uploaded the data from the landing site before driving off. Now he is stuck there until i can be bothered to send a rescue. Which will be some time as he was meant to be picking a site for a base.

Pablo49

Reaction score
But not everything is going smoothly at KSP. The developpement of the K-1, powered by 25 engines has notably suffered some drawbacks :

Reminds me a bit of my last project in .21:
C5F0F846CBED499DD328B5258005C629B9CAEE58

Unfortunately its first stage was pretty unstable, and usually blew apart right before cutoff. The rest of the rocket without the first stage flies reliably. Something I'd like to revisit eventually.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A wedding cake ! :)

Except that the candles are lit on the wrong side :lol:

170890_nos-gateaux-pour-le-mariage-de-kate-et-william.jpg

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Turns out it works very well :yes:

ogQ5VGr.png

gqYEKRW.png

N-1 inspired even when testing!

n1-1.jpg

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've been playing a lot with the Kerbal Interstellar mod recently, mostly because it pushes the science gathering to another level and it brings thermal control and nuclear reactors in the mix...

Behold, Discovery One, Kerbal Version. Assembled in only 4 launches using a modular design and a (big) deal of help from NovaPunch rocket stages...

kuSNBPy.png

Linguofreak

Reaction score

It's not unsurprising that there should be no casualties. The only real-life launch vehicle to have caused fatalities on spacecraft it lofted is the Shuttle stack (there have been fatalities on other manned spaceflights, but none related to the launcher), and the chain of events that lead to those fatalities could not easily have happened on any traditional tower-and-capsule design, even one as failure prone as the N-1.

It's a good bet that the 4 failed N-1 launches could each have carried a manned capsule without any crew fatalities. In fact, even though the flights were unmanned, the first two did have LES's which saved the spacecraft mockups they were carrying (the second two were launched without LES's).

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Symphony-10k reusable SSTO. In this mission, it launched a Moho lander probe.
39cv.png

wzzm.png

6i3h.png

It lands with MechJeb's landing autopilot.
bwcf.png