I've reached over 850km using this:
850km.png

That was a decent fall back to earth.
(Note to self, the SAS explodes on impact.) :lol:

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
are you sure about that 850Km, because I've needed things with more power than that to get to 400Km.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'm getting tired. there is an upper limit to how many boosters you can strap to the rocket and still be able to both get it off the pad and keep it stable. I shall have to resume my attempts in the morning. Goodnight.

Chub777

Reaction score
I'm starting to love this game. Good work. My highest altitude so far is...

14km :facepalm:

Chub777

Reaction score
Let's play the "Highest you can get using only one engine" game. Current high score: 8.5 km.

Turbinator

Reaction score
My highest altitude so far is 555,470 meters, or 555 km.

Me and my brother worked a good hour creating a realistic launcher to achieve the height. Using the advanced stage timing setup, on the right of the build screen.

The record flight and the rocked that did it, and the setup used is attached below.
We've made some enhancements and modifications since then. It only does 4.2 Gs :)

Attachments

• top flight A.jpg
    top flight A.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 61
  • top flight A1.jpg
    top flight A1.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 54
  • flight BEST.jpg
    flight BEST.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

communist

Resident Crazy Person
Reaction score
My highest altitude so far is 555,470 meters, or 555 km.

Me and my brother worked a good hour creating a realistic launcher to achieve the height. Using the advanced stage timing setup, on the right of the build screen.

The record flight and the rocked that did it, and the setup used is attached below.
We've made some enhancements and modifications since then. It only does 4.2 Gs :)
and to think i used something like a suborbital mecury rocket compared to what you did

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Let's play the "Highest you can get using only one engine" game. Current high score: 8.5 km.
13 or so km

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Hi, the download site currently only offers a windows version. Do you have plans for supporting other operating systems? I'd be particularly interested in a GNU/Linux version.

PS: Awesome game, Finally figured out you have to add interstages to keep the stack from exploding on the pad.

Last edited:

Chub777

Reaction score
My most successful launcher (the one with the least explosions :lol:):

ksp50k.png

Those are some heavy duty SRBs:
ksp50k2.png

1st stage MECO:
ksp50k3.png

Altitude record: 51 km.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
The planet looks pretty small from 500km up, how big is it? Also, what's the gravitational acceleration at the surface, how high up does the atmosphere end, and what's the minimal orbital velocity?

Jarvitä

Reaction score
If gravity is accurately modelled, I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. However, the launchers are pretty underpowered as it is, so it would take a truly gigantic stack.

Here's my attempt at a suborbital flight. Despite the winglets, the first stage is uncontrollable and extremely unstable, any attempt to steer it away from the vertical position results in uncontrollable tumbling and eventually rotating into a retrograde orientation, so I couldn't get any real horizontal velocity.

osgJh.jpg

xSwah.jpg

Last edited: