Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Turbinator

Reaction score
Last night I spent a good hour trying to figure out the correct positioning of the boosters, so when they eject, they don't take out the main engine with them. And trying to throttle down the massive acceleration so my ship doesn't tear apart before exiting the atmosphere. The end result? I ended up in orbit with an untouched retro stage AND the capsule escape rocket :)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
And, the site keeled over again. Good thing I got the torrent of the new version before it went down, I'll be seeding this one as well. Congratulations on the success, but do get the site issues sorted out.

Chub777

Reaction score
Just wondering, where can you get the LES? I can't seem to find a download link somewhere...

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Why you can't put only boosters to a radial decoupler? It would be fun to add every thing there, say satellites, fuel tanks, even engines. :)

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Does anybody else experiences extreme lag respectively long loading times while switching from the VAB to the LP since version 0.8.5?

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
LMFAO more fanart!

5949218026_93a0a13203_b.jpg

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would be nice if the next version of KSP was optimized for performance. The larger the rocket, the longer it takes to load it to the launch pad and just opening the VAB takes between 10 and 20 seconds... I just reset my computer after loading a 4 stage rocket took forever and I couldn't even crash KSP...

As for the game... could you add a menu allowing us to disable certain graphical features? Exhaust and explosions make the game slow to a crawl and could you include low poly versions of the meshes so that when setting the "Fastest" option, the low poly stuff gets used.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
That would be a good improvement, indeed, at least when playing on a laptop. Haven't tested KSP on the "overclocked monolith" yet.

Warringer

Reaction score
Since this is a forum that specializes in such things. And a KSP thread all in one...

I got a question about orbital mechanics...

I'm currently working on a small calculator program for KSP in Java.

I already have the following added:

A circular orbit calculator for velocities and orbital periods for a given altitude.
A Hohmann Transfer Orbit Calculator that returns the needed Delta-v for injection into the Hohmann Orbit and the target orbit.

Now I'm working on adding a calculator that works with the burnout velocity and altitude to calculate the perigee and apogee for the initial orbit. I found a few formulas here, but I got the feeling that the math I'm using is not correct...

The V0.5 version of my Calculator can be found here.

Thanks for any help that I may get...

HarvesteR

Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted!

We're working already on those shaders to make a Mac version possible.

Cheers

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Behold the Ugly II. :)

This pogo-loving, oscillation overthrusting-happy, overheat-friendly, g-forces piling monstruosity is a three-staged fist in the face of the heavens, crowned with 7 SRBs that fire simultaneously at liftoff, barbecueing your launch pad in a scorching flame of holy terror.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The Ugly II is an emo rocket: it hurts itself and loves it. It's a wonder it doesn't blow itself into small little pieces. But that was the Ugly I's number. :D