News The Challenger: UK BBC 2 Drama-documentary.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
William Hurt as Feynman.... He isn't the best actor in the word but I'm going to watch it and see how decent it is - or not!

Having just watched it I have to give it 8/10. Incredibly well done, William Hurt did a brilliant job.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
William Hurt as Feynman.... He isn't the best actor in the word but I'm going to watch it and see how decent it is - or not!

Having just watched it I have to give it 8/10. Incredibly well done, William Hurt did a brilliant job.

Have to give the same as garyw, well done, but it was more a drama about the personalities and attitudes of those involved with the investigation.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Sadly a bit...vacant, fell asleep part-way through. Not sure who it was aimed at.

N.

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
It was more of a drama about Feynmann and his involvement in the commission, rather than about the challenger or the commission itself.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, in hindsight its a good drama, well acted. I think I was expecting more technical stuff. Probably worth watching again, it was a bit fast in places.

N.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Yes it was more a Feynman piece than a Challenger piece. I'd have liked to have seen a few scenes before the main story that actually showed Larry Mulloy make his infamous 'My god thiokol, when do you want me launch? Next April!' followed by the Challenger disaster and then bringing Feynman on board to unravel it.

Other than that though I liked it but then I'm a Feynman fan.