Tell us about yourself!

ZombiezuRFER

Zaktan Zanamu, margum Zavralto
Reaction score
I am a Scalie, he-who-shall-not-be-named for privacy reasons, that is going to move to the Space Coast some time soon. I'm an avid HARD scifi guy, although Star Wars is my guilty pleasure, (General Grievous FTW!!!!) I can often be found watching Star Trek whilst laughing hilariously at the science. I also love to laugh at AFV, also known as America's Funniest Home Videos. I am writing a Scifi quadrilogy (a doorstopper series) that is diamond hard, except for the exotic matter required to use an Alcubierre drive, although I have a hypothesis on how to generate it. I am extremely scientifically minded (helps seeing as I wanna be a scientist, taking astrophysics as a hobby.) My main area of scientific knowledge is Biology, and I want to become a paleogeneticist. (Jurassic Park, yay!) I also plan on doing astrobiology, find other ways of creating life, and possibly use biotech in terraforming, for example, cold/heat resistant plants for Mars to convert the CO2 atmo to something more breathable, and then use more special plants to add to the atmosphere by using rocks or such with any oxygen in it. I'm 15, possibly Genius on the IQ test, definitely at the very least gifted (when I was a lot younger I was 1 point away from genius) and very friendly, albeit a bit hot tempered. My fursona is a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus. Also, I'm fairly new to orbiter, and just recently, in a Whataburger, made my first stable orbit, if that terminology is correct. You ought to get the idea :) I was in an XR2, didn't know how to use the scram, so I used main. Either way it worked fine :)

bande

Neofita
Reaction score
??? I thought you were older than that!!
anyway, if you are moving to the space coast, have a visit to the KSC and try Shuttle Launch Experience (sure you will!), it's absolutely amazing!

Henobic Theosapien

(was) Addon Developer
Reaction score
Uhm, hello all. :hmm:
My real name is Hendrik Lie, I live in a beautiful country, Indonesia. ;)
Indonesia is the world's largest archipelago, is located in Southeast Asia. :probe:
I am new in the Orbiter, only about six months and more using the Orbiter. I really like the Orbiter.
Until finally I decided to start participate in the forum.
I beg your help.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

So, do anyone here can help me to create a mesh for my project?:hello:

indonesianorbinaut

Reaction score
Uhm, hello all. :hmm:
My real name is Hendrik Lie, I live in a beautiful country, Indonesia. ;)
Indonesia is the world's largest archipelago, is located in Southeast Asia. :probe:
I am new in the Orbiter, only about six months and more using the Orbiter. I really like the Orbiter.
Until finally I decided to start participate in the forum.
I beg your help.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

So, do anyone here can help me to create a mesh for my project?:hello:
hi Henobic Theosapien, i come from Indonesia, jadi salam kenal

Tniffoc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Tniffoc, I started using Orbiter about 6 months ago because I watched a documentary on all the major NASA missions from Mercury through present. If you want to check it out its entitled When We Left Earth and its available for instant streaming on netlfix.

I live in the U.S. and my primary passion is programming. I would definitely consider myself an expert in the Java programming language, and I can do anything I want (outside of the crappy Win32 API) with C/C++/Objective-C. I've worked on many online coding projects with teams of up to 15 developers and am a much better programmer than Delta Glider pilot.

Going off of some other posts in this thread, my age is classified and I am in the genius level on the IQ test.

bande

Neofita
Reaction score
Going off of some other posts in this thread, my age is classified and I am in the genius level on the IQ test.
you're not the first one saying to have taken an IQ test, is this a routine in your country?

Mike-Greg

Reaction score
Hi All
My Name is Mike
I live in the south of France now for 20 years
I first started with Orbitor some years ago
I was Mad-Mike owner of "THE FEDERATION"
and most of the ships used by the Federation waere made by me using Anim8tor and Vinkas Spaceship files
been away from Orbitor some time now
lots of catching up to do

my hobbies are Model Railways, Model Ships, Sleeping
my wife is French ( she thinks i am a big kid )

I still work ( ships Captain ) but will probably retire this year
I am 66 after all

anyway,, enough prattling for now
hello to all

Mike

ggrof

Reaction score
Hello,

I already wrote about me in the topic "New Orbinaut". I´m from Brasil, 27 years old with one year of Orbiter Experience. I hope to increase my abilities in forum sharing flight experiences. In the last month i´m trying to master Space Shuttle Missions (docking, the most important part) after a year playing with Delta-Glider.

Best Regards

Sidewinder01

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Ruslan. I'm from Minsk, Belarus. I'm 18 years old, studying in BSEU. Also hi to all who is a member of vkontakte orbiter club428100.

I found Orbiter excelent simulator and i'm spending hours of free time in it :D

I've created my first satellite model for Orbiter, but i don't know how to make it animated, so i hope i'll find the answer here.:cheers:

Dambuster

Reaction score
:welcome: to all of you!

And I probably should have done this about two years ago, but better late than never ;) : I'm 19, live in London, am going to be studying Arabic at university starting in September...and I love spaceflight! I've made a few attempts at addon development, produced a few mildly poor meshes, but never really had the time/dedication to get the flight dynamics sorted. Maybe someday I will, though!

astr

Reaction score
Hi, guys!!

My name is Vincent Majerowicz. I'm a 37 year old virtual astronaut who is very interested in spaceflight and airplanes. I have the orbiter sim for 7 years now and it's very interesting. I'm amazed how the orbiter sim improved over the past 7 years.

Cheers,
Vincent

dirtyhawk

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Dustin and I am an aeronautical engineering student at Western Michigan University. I have messed around with flight sims for about ten years but I am new to Orbiter. I look forward to learning all about space flight and simulations. I feel that with Orbiter and this forum we can all progress the viability of space flight simulation beyond just a hobby (but I love hobbies too). I would like to see the ability for everybody to either play around or advance their education for real job opportunities.

NTS Larry

Reaction score
Hi folks, my name is Larry Marshall, and i am here to learn more about this Orbiter Simulator. I used to work at the NTS for a few companies, but i cant get much into that on here. I am right now trying to find the "perfect" orbiter install with all the most popular addons etc etc.

I hope to find a lot of info on here and would love to know if there is a list of recommended links to favorite space related sites and orbiter related sites.

Thanks, and ill see you in LEO

Firby

Reaction score
Hi all! I don't really tell my real name so just call me Firby or Firb (The nickname comes from when i was playing a game online and someone that my laughing sounds like the toy firbu sooo yeah) I like science fiction and simulators. And i'm a trekker. Well... you can call me a trekkie because the creator of trek (Gene Rodenberry) invented the word "Trekkie" .
I started to play orbiter when the science magazine i order said about the orbiter 2006.
If you're also a trekker, and wanna be convinced that i am a fan, im gonna say only one thing: Quaplag´!

FADEC

Reaction score
Hi @all

I am new here but not new on Orbiter :) I live in Germany and my interests are Aviation, Astronomy, and therefore Space Flight.

Best Regards

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I joined last year but i only just noticed this corner of the Forum. My name is Oliver Seymour and i live in the UK. I will be 16 in about three months after my final GCSE exams (kill me now). Like george7378 i am a member of the Air Training Corps and i will use this experience in later life for a future career in the Royal Air Force or the Military Police. I am a very skilled mathmatician meaning i already knew about orbital physics before i discovered Orbiter.

P.S. Can you guess why my username is Scruce?

Kalman

Reaction score
I'm half Polish, half Hungarian, and my Orbiter nickname is my first name. I'm 33 years old and work in automotive industry. Ironically, I dont have a car, neither even driving licence. This is just my work for living. Since being a kid I loved to watch sci fi filmes and read sci fi books. I am passionated gamer, I love computers, Internet, also I am making music,writing poems and short stories. No children so far, I have a cat and wonderfull girlfriend. I love beer, making photos, shopping and playing Orbiter of course :)

MoonChild

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am a retired software developer that loves flight simulation. I used to use Falcon4 with the sp2 release. I also used MS 2000/2/4 and X. But getting tired of the same ol' ting.

I found Orbiter today and notice that as of August 31, 2010 Orbiter 2010-P1 (build 100830) has been released. So I downloaded and installed Orbiter 2010-P1.

I am wondering what else needs to be installed? I have seen references to textures, sounds and addons.

So could someone knowledgeable please tell me what other files and addons are needed to take advantage of this simulator?

Thanks in advance.

[I was immortal until 1993]

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score