SURFACE MFD fails

mauzer

Reaction score
as I reach close to a space planet or moon the SURFACE MFD should change by default to the surface I am close to...so far so good in theory.
In my case lately the Orbiter 2006 p1 crashes completely when SURFACE FMD changes.
I tried all the ships and gliders.
I use for space travel the INTERPLANETARY MFD.
Please anybody knows how to fix it?
Thanks in advance...
Gabriel Weissmann.

"Let the universe be s symbol of peace and understanding among humans"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I doubt it is caused by surface MFD. Are you using any other add-ons when this is happening?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Works fine here. What's the G field reading in the Orbit MFD?

Pithecanthropu

Reaction score
I doubt it is caused by surface MFD. Are you using any other add-ons when this is happening?
I'm having the same issue, currently using Ken Lanzel's "ACME Rocketship" add-on. I started the included scenario with ACME in orbit around Io. I escaped Io orbit and am now in a highly eccentric orbit around Jupiter, apoapsis at Io's distance, periapsis less than a planet diameter. I'm now about two-thirds of the way in to the periapsis, but the Surface MFD still shows Io as the reference point.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

UPDATE: When I got still closer to Jupiter, the reference did change, so it seems to be working after all. I was merely impatient, I suppose.

Last edited:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Does this occur with all modules deactivated? Could post your orbiter.log?