Sub orbital infltration

lowerlowerhk

Reaction score
A DGIV is landed on KCS. Your objective is to fly a stealth XR2 together with a spy parnther to KCS, airbrone him, then return to base. The objective is considered successful if the spy can reach the DGIV carbin and steal its programs within GET 30 minutes, which is the duration of their lunch time. The spy must not use parachute as it will compromise him. The XR2 must not enter dense atmosphere as the exhaust gas will be clearly visible to KCS control. Should you be reminded that this will be an unrecorded flight and all kinds of telecommunication will be prohibited. If your aircraft fails to return within 60 minutes, Altea Aerospace will consider you switching side and transfer your position US DoD, who will shot you down with heat seeking missiles.

ijuin

Reaction score
If the spy does not use a parachute, then there is no way that he can get on the ground without the XR2 landing, unless you have some way for him to survive hitting the ground at terminal velocity. Likewise, how do you propose to get him back without the vessel picking him up coming low enough to grab him on a rope (if not landing)?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
LOL I'm not sure I'd like to try to grab a rope hanging from an aircraft hovering on hot jet exhaust! If you've ever been anywhere near a Harrier when it's hovering at an airshow you can see the jet wash blasting the heck out of the ground beneath it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Don't forget the bit about Us DoD shooting you down... Now if I recall correctly, part of KSC is a US DoD facility (CCAFS for example) so it wouldn't be too hard for someone from there to walk into KSC... I mean it IS during their lunch break.

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Why would entering denser atmosphere produce exhaust gas? :blink:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Why would entering denser atmosphere produce exhaust gas? :blink:

He may be talking about reentry plasma, which is not exhaust gas, but would make the XR2 (any spacecraft, in fact) stick out like a sore thumb.

@jinglesassy

If you want to infiltrate somewhere, don't use a spacecraft to make your insertion. It is about the most unstealthy way I can think of to get around.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
LOL I'm not sure I'd like to try to grab a rope hanging from an aircraft hovering on hot jet exhaust! If you've ever been anywhere near a Harrier when it's hovering at an airshow you can see the jet wash blasting the heck out of the ground beneath it.

rgr that ... I was TDY to a base in Italy once, and a couple of Harriers came in for some reason or other ... every one was hoping that they'd do a vertical takeoff when they left ... but we found out that a vertical takeoff had been expressly forbidden as the exhaust would literally eat through the runway and put it out of commission until repaired.

:rofl:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Why hover over the target to recover your man? Use the Fulton Recovery System: it's proven tech, dating back to the '60s, and even Batman uses it. To insert him, do a HALO jump.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how you recover the agent.
You have to be back within 60 minutes... How are you going back to something that you don't know where it is? :p