Updates STS-133 Updates

Dambuster

Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the details! I may have a chance to get out there to watch STS-134, so I'm definitely putting that place on my shortlist! :tiphat:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
NASASpaceflight: NASA reviews STS-133 SRB/RSRM Performance ahead of STS-134:
Following the highly successful launch of the STS-133 mission, NASA and its contractors have reviewed the vehicle’s performance for any In-Flight Anomalies, or IFAs, on the systems of the Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs) and Reusable Solid Rocket Motors (RSRMs). In all, the standard investigations have revealed a very clean performance in both categories, with only one IFA charged to the SRBs and zero IFAs charged to the RSRMs.

{...}

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Might as well stick this here - Commander Steve Lindsey is leaving NASA (along with some others) to work at Sierra Nevada Corporation on the Dream Chaser spaceplane - so hopefully we'll see him back on-orbit in a few years! :thumbup:

The newest member of the Dream Chaser management team is astronaut Steven Lindsey who will be joining the SNC Dream Chaser team in July as Director of Flight Operations. Steve is the former Chief of NASA’s Astronaut Office, which he ran for four years and is a veteran of four Space Shuttle missions, most recently commanding Space Shuttle mission STS-133. In his new role at SNC, Steve will be responsible for activities related to flight testing, flight operations, and crew training.
Source.