Support STS-132 Expansion packs, RPOP MFD updates

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The final release of the STS-132 Expansion packs are now posted on Orbithangar as is a new version (V1.3) of the RPOP MFD with some additional functionality added. The two previously released tutorials for STS-132 have now been incorporated into the expansion packs and the stand-alone packages have been removed. Later this summer the STS-132 Expansion packs will be incorporated along with the RPOP MFD into the main expansion packs.

Have a good summer everybody (in the Northern Hemisphere that is...), we'll see you in the autumn for STS-133.

Dave

hribek

Reaction score
Hello. I just made a clean installation of the standard (non-hi-res-KSC) Expansion pack in the exact order that's written in the setup document. Everything is awesome, but one bug still persists which was there even when I made a clean STS pack install before. When in orbit over some places, or just looking at Earth and zooming in, orbiter freezes for about a second in one of the zoom-in steps. I've got a 1.7GHz single-core CPU laptop, integrated graphics card (Intel GM965) and 2 GB of RAM. The specs shouldn't be a problem, I suspect this happens somewhere near European region, and it might be caused by Orbiter loading textures or bases (I'm guessing here). Are there any extra hi-res textures in the STS expansion pack (perhaps over the entire Europe) that I could try removing?

This is quite annoying when Orbiter freezes every so often in orbit during time acceleration. Can you help me / should I ask somewhere else / was this issue reported already?

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello. I just made a clean installation of the standard (non-hi-res-KSC) Expansion pack in the exact order that's written in the setup document. Everything is awesome, but one bug still persists which was there even when I made a clean STS pack install before. When in orbit over some places, or just looking at Earth and zooming in, orbiter freezes for about a second in one of the zoom-in steps. I've got a 1.7GHz single-core CPU laptop, integrated graphics card (Intel GM965) and 2 GB of RAM. The specs shouldn't be a problem, I suspect this happens somewhere near European region, and it might be caused by Orbiter loading textures or bases (I'm guessing here). Are there any extra hi-res textures in the STS expansion pack (perhaps over the entire Europe) that I could try removing?

This is quite annoying when Orbiter freezes every so often in orbit during time acceleration. Can you help me / should I ask somewhere else / was this issue reported already?

Look at the config files for the various bases in places like Moron, and Zaragozza, Spain. Reduce the "SIZE" value (typically set at 200) to 100. That should help you out possibly.

hribek

Reaction score
That value is is distance in km, when the base is rendered, right? I'll try that, let's see if there will be a change while in 380km orbit. Mabe it's set to something higher for one of the bases.