General Question Stock mapMFD map

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
I have been still looking to find a away to get border lines in the current map in orbiter. And keep the Lat and long working fine. I am wondering about a MFD that might show a jpg map or something I can keep on the side and guess where I am. It would be cool if there was a easier way to get the state and border lines in. My designer has no clue about doing MFD's or we would fix it as well as a few others for our matrix neb addon and slingship 377 addon.

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
OK. So i finally figured out what all this code means that people posted. SO THANKS FOR THAT. I got it to go back to the old 2006 map. I didn't know that the MFD changed a bit as well.

No way to get the bmp on the new mfd layout?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
no loru started to answer it. thanks tho

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
no loru started to answer it
Although he didn't lay everything out, it did give you enough information to find it.

A quick search through the Textures folder reveals what you are looking for, at orbiter_root/Textures/EarthM.bmp :tiphat:

Editing (or replacing) that file will make the old version of MapMFD display whatever custom bitmap you put there. However, there are zoom level issues, as the old version only has two zoom levels.

I'm not sure what happens if you create a new bitmap with a resolution higher than the stock map, which is 256x128, but putting a higher-resolution file might work.