Steve Jobs, Founder of Apple dies !!

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of Apple products, but I've always liked Steve Jobs. May he rest in peace.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
RIP

they say it was pancreatic cancer...

Ark

Reaction score
It's hard to overstate the effect Jobs had on the computer industry. Apple pioneered the idea of personal computer for everybody, and were first to the scene in many markets that never existed before Apple went there. I may not be a fanboy, but it would be a disservice to deny his accomplishments. A hundred years from now, I expect Jobs to be discussed in history classes in the same breath as Edison.

dnt462

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Oh wow. Never really like apple products(Though the ipod is a spectacular music player), but this is actually making me sad.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
One does not have to like Apple products to acknowledge the influence Jobs has had on the computer industry. May he rest in peace.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I've never been a great fan of Apple products, although an iPhone Touch is my main portable music player I have a great dislike for Macs.
But regardless of whether or not you like his products, it's clear that Steve has almost completely revolutionized the industry.

RIP Steve Jobs. :cry:

Keatah

Reaction score
I never got into the Apple Ecosphere other than the Apple II when I was a kid, and now, recently, the iPod & iTunes. But just the iPod & iTunes - nothing more. Because they are good, consistent, solid performing products with a user interface that has not really changed since day-1!

Of all the jerk CEO's that are in existence today, I'd have to say Jobs was the best. There were times he funded the company with his own cash, and had taken a regular salary like the work-a-bees.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
in a way, we all owe him a great debt for making the personal computer what it is today.

captjdk

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My first computer was an Apple II ... amazing with 128K RAM.

Rest in Peace

Dave

Mantis

Reaction score
I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of Apple products but this was a brilliant man and a great innovator. I am also saddened to see another life claimed by this horrible, insidious disease cancer. I lost my mom to cancer less than 2 weeks ago so I know what this man's family is going through right now and what they have been through in the recent past. Somehow we have to find a way to beat this diease. 50% of us will either be diagnosed with cancer or will know and love someone who is. Nobody is immune and nobody, no matter how well we try to live our lives is safe from it. When you get it, it wears you down slowly. It robs you of your energy, your spirit and often, at the very end it robs you of your mind and sanity. Too many people suffer as my mother did and Mr Jobs did. Too many families suffer along with them as my family did and Mr. Jobs family surely did as well. We need to stop wasting our research efforts or ridiculous vain things such as "cures" for baldness, "cures" for ageing and we need to redouble our efforts to bring an end to this horrible plague that in some way will eventually touch each and every one of us.

To quote Terry Fox, one of the most courageous and memorable people to ever give his all in fighting this disease "I believe in miracles. I have to because somewhere the hurting must stop." I challenge everyone to do something about this. Participate in a Terry Fox run if they are held in your country/region. Volunteer for your local Cancer Society/Association. Raise money for research, raise awareness and provide care and hope to those who are suffering from cancer right now.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Gosh, this is sad. I can never forget the technology that he has given us. RIP Steve Jobs. :(

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sobering news.
Be you a celebrity or unknown somebody, be you a genius or billionaire, the cancer makes no exceptions.
Rest in Peace, Steve.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
R.I.P. Mr. Job. I may not have agreed with your company's recent decisions and direction, but you certainly left a mark on the computer industry and helped mold computing. Without you and your successes, I can say with certainty that I would not be where I am today (Computer Science student) without your wonderful contributions.
The Computing Industry will miss you :(