OHM StateSaver Autosave

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: nonameo

StateSaver is a utility add-on for Martin Schweiger's Orbiter Space Simulator that regularly saves your simulation state so if any mistakes occur while flying, you will always have a suitable save file to resume from.
StateSaver uses the built in Orbiter function for saving a scenario file (oapiSaveScenario) to save its current state, which means that anything which is supported by the normal Orbiter saving functionality will also be supported by StateSaver.
This includes:
- MFD screens
- Ship animations
- AMSO failure angel
- DGIV destruction
- UMMU death
- and more..
StateSaver has some customisable settings and useful features.
Please see the help file for details.
StateSaver is fully compatible with Orbiter 2006 and Orbiter 2010.

I hope you all find it as useful as it is intended to be and I really hope it makes it on to many users' "must have" list of Orbiter Add-ons.

---------------
Update Version 1.1:*
"Missing MSVCR100D.dll" issue now resolved. Now relies on Visual C++ 2003 instead of 2010 meaning you will not need to go and download any
new redistributable packages from Microsoft.
Help file converted into pdf format as old "hlp" file format was not
compatible with windows 7.
-------------
All comments appreciated
Thanks
Mike Neale (Nonameo)

DOWNLOAD

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Previously I've been using autosave but this is so much more comprehensive! thank you.

Nonameo

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Its really encouraging :)

Its great to know that other people are using it and finding it useful. Its already reached 100 downloads on OrbitHangar so that's excellent :)

Now i've developed it I can go back to actually playing Orbiter rather than just using it for testing the Addon lol!

-Mike-

Nonameo

Reaction score
Update Version 1.1

A friend of mine recently downloaded this and told me about an issue where StateSaver would not load because his computer did not have "MSVCR100D.dll". This is the C++ 2010 runtime dll. However, there is nothing in StateSaver that requires such a new version of the C++ runtime, so I have recompiled it with an older version so it is more compatible with more computers and users won't have to go and find the latest C++ redistributable package just to get it to work.

Also the help file has been converted into pdf format as the old "hlp" file format was not compatible with windows 7.

Updated version can be found on orbithangar.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4690"]StateSaver Autosave[/ame]

Send me a message here on the forums or email mike.a.neale [at] gmail.com if you have any issues with this addon :)

Thanks
-Mike-

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've had this add-on for a while, long enough that I've reached 10,000 state saves. I have it set to keep 10 saves. Up to this point, the add-on would always delete the oldest save to make room for a new one, but now that I've reached 10000 saves, it just keeps replacing 10000 over and over. Saves 9991 through 9999 are almost 2 months old. I didn't notice this behavior until today. I had a silly failure with Orbiter (my fault), and I wanted to restore to a previous point of the flight, but the most recent state save was after the failure, and the previous 9 saves were from a different flight from 2 months ago.

It wasn't a big deal for this particular flight, but I thought I'd report the behavior so that it can be fixed in some future update.

crisbeta

Reaction score
I've had this add-on for a while, long enough that I've reached 10,000 state saves. I have it set to keep 10 saves. Up to this point, the add-on would always delete the oldest save to make room for a new one, but now that I've reached 10000 saves, it just keeps replacing 10000 over and over. Saves 9991 through 9999 are almost 2 months old. I didn't notice this behavior until today. I had a silly failure with Orbiter (my fault), and I wanted to restore to a previous point of the flight, but the most recent state save was after the failure, and the previous 9 saves were from a different flight from 2 months ago.

It wasn't a big deal for this particular flight, but I thought I'd report the behavior so that it can be fixed in some future update.

The solution for this is when you are close to save number 9999, delete them all.:)

stealthstar

Reaction score
This is a must have for Orbiter. Thanks for creating. Allot of the scenarios I wanna do are often long duration trips that would need an alternate save point so I wont need to rely on the current state all the time.

sardiver

Reaction score
This has truly been a headache saver, especially for a new guy just learning the ropes.

Thank you.