Project "Starlab" space station

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Nothing!

Starlab is the station; Star*** would be the name of the expansion module described above.

Hank

Reaction score
Not very compatible to the English Starlab.....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I agree, but a Star ____ seems pretty limited. Whereas but those guys had a pretty big impact on the scientific community.

Ah, I see what induced my confusion... I missed a section of the post where the module had a "working" title of Starchaser.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What about "Starchild" then?

640px-KISS_-_Azkena_Rock_Festival_2010_1.jpg

("KISS - Azkena Rock Festival 2010 1" by Alberto Cabello from Vitoria Gasteiz - KISS. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...r/File:KISS_-_Azkena_Rock_Festival_2010_1.jpg) :rolleyes:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
I agree, but a Star ____ seems pretty limited. Whereas but those guys had a pretty big impact on the scientific community.

Ah, I see what induced my confusion... I missed a section of the post where the module had a "working" title of Starchaser.

"Starchaser" was only a boutade.
In reality, no working title was selected for the expansion module... in fact, the module does not exist yet! :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

What about "Starchild" then?

640px-KISS_-_Azkena_Rock_Festival_2010_1.jpg

("KISS - Azkena Rock Festival 2010 1" by Alberto Cabello from Vitoria Gasteiz - KISS. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...r/File:KISS_-_Azkena_Rock_Festival_2010_1.jpg) :rolleyes:

I hate the Kiss.

Pink Floyd forever!

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Interstellar Overdrive? Astronomy Dominé?
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun?

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Is this newer module supposed to be similar to the Kvant-1 module on Mir?

Mir_1987_configuration_drawing.png

K_Jameson

Reaction score
general layout and dimensions are very different, as you can see comparing this image with the one at the previous page.

in what other sense "similar"?

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I guess in the sense that it was a smaller expansion to the main Starlab station. I know Kvant-1 was used mainly for astrophysics and I wasn't sure if the new expansion module had any specific role.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
The new module hasn't a specific role for now, besides the extra-space for the crew. The internals will be inherited from Starlab.

First in-sim image:
e5pv2w.jpg

Animations and thrusters must be defined; also, material properties are not complete. But the ensemble looks good.

Hank

Reaction score
Nice!!!

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Ensemble looks very good!!

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Just because somebody else named one of their spacecraft 'Starchaser' doesn't mean you can't use that name as well. There are two 'Orion' programmes (and both are by NASA) in real life.

Last edited: