Problem SSU install on Orbiter2016

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Anywhere you like. The only requirement is that it is its own Orbiter installation, you can have more than one, that is if you installed it through the zip file method and not the msi installer.

Does that mean a new clean Orbiter2016 install is required? What if I wanted to install SSU in an already existing O2016 install (with other addons and so on..)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Does that mean a new clean Orbiter2016 install is required? What if I wanted to install SSU in an already existing O2016 install (with other addons and so on..)
I would recommend a clean SSU installation for the ease of reporting any bugs. But if you do want other add-ons, then you could always install them on top of the SSU installation, treating it no differently than any other Orbiter installations.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I made a new clean Orbiter2016 install and SSU compiling was succesful! Tried a couple of scenarios and it seems to be running well.
Thanks for your help!

spinkle

Reaction score
errors

Hi i have tried following the instructions and i find i am getting masses of errors in visual studio
any ideas ?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi i have tried following the instructions and i find i am getting masses of errors in visual studio
any ideas ?

Post the errors? :shrug:

spinkle

Reaction score
I have had the same issue keep getting this message :fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OrbiterAPI.h' can anyone shed light ??

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have had the same issue keep getting this message :fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OrbiterAPI.h' can anyone shed light ??

That is the same error message I had initially. Did you read the posts above in this thread? I followed DaveS advise and everything was ok then.